What's new

Need a Jnat expert.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I’ve had only one issue with a stone from Max and he made it right, big time. I had bought a ‘regular’ thickness ‘red aoto’, an Atogoyama akepin, and upon receipt I observed that the stone had a rather large divot in the back, right in the middle. We’re all used to missing corners etc, but this divot, by being smack in the middle, effectively reduced the thickness of the stone by about half. I made my case to Max, and he replaced it with the thicker version and paid the shipping. I have no complaints with his service, it’s been exceptional in my one case.

For me his post-sale service was horrible, he didn't communicate with me and shipped me damaged goods as well.
He made no attempt to correct his mistake, he cost me 500 EUR / 610 USD
I think very lowly of him.

I have a rejected Ozuku from him that needed a good lapping. The stone actually turned out great. After lapping, it is very clean and hard and does a great job with the right tomo.
Last I heard Alex doesn’t sell online anymore, which is a shame as his stones are top notch.

I have a rejected Ozuku from him that needed a good lapping. The stone actually turned out great. After lapping, it is very clean and hard and does a great job with the right tomo.
Last I heard Alex doesn’t sell online anymore, which is a shame as his stones are top notch.
The Ozuku was from Maxim just to clear it up. I have three of Alex’s stones and all three are superb.

Top Bottom