What's new

Need a Jnat expert.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
I just bought a stone from this seller to see what would happen. I did not snipe, I went old school toe to toe. Each time I placed a bid I was promptly outbid by two ebayers with low feedback scores. I stopped bidding at 210.00, got outbid, and then had the high bidders place bid cancellations at the very end of the auction leaving me as the winner. Seems fishy, eh?

I've heard lots about this seller shilling bids, and it seems like it's all true. If a man will cheat you one way he will cheat you any way he can. If you absolutely must buy from this guy, snipe in the last few seconds unless you want to get shilled.

nothing happens. I tried it, called them, showed them the proof. Nothing happened.
Only thing that will change this is people avoiding him.
That's the reason I keep warning about him. Some people have responded - why do you care, stamps etc. It's more than that and as long as people give him money he will keep doing it.

dont remember the rules exactly but you can withdraw a bid as long as the seller agrees with it. It gets tricky as you approach the end of the auction. Again somebody with more experience or time to read the rules will know more.
When I started looking into his auction I immediately noticed the pattern of cancelled bids, it was much more obvious 2 years ago. Every auction he was running as high as he could and then cancelling bids. It was so obvious that when I called ebay I clearly asked them if they were blind or what. They said they couldn't prove it.

dont remember the rules exactly but you can withdraw a bid as long as the seller agrees with it. It gets tricky as you approach the end of the auction. Again somebody with more experience or time to read the rules will know more.
When I started looking into his auction I immediately noticed the pattern of cancelled bids, it was much more obvious 2 years ago. Every auction he was running as high as he could and then cancelling bids. It was so obvious that when I called ebay I clearly asked them if they were blind or what. They said they couldn't prove it.
Inside one hour of the close of bidding it is a PITA to retract a bid. You have to contact the seller with a valid reason and they need to approve it. Normally you can cancel without the sellers approval if you do so earlier. So for that many cancelled bids it’s obvious something is up.

I just bought a stone from this seller to see what would happen. I did not snipe, I went old school toe to toe. Each time I placed a bid I was promptly outbid by two ebayers with low feedback scores. I stopped bidding at 210.00, got outbid, and then had the high bidders place bid cancellations at the very end of the auction leaving me as the winner. Seems fishy, eh?

I've heard lots about this seller shilling bids, and it seems like it's all true. If a man will cheat you one way he will cheat you any way he can. If you absolutely must buy from this guy, snipe in the last few seconds unless you want to get shilled.

I hope it's a good stone. Keep us updated.

David

F4F54A0C-ABAF-4A4D-A7DC-932021951CB8.jpeg
Well David, did you receive the stone yet?
Good timing! The stone arrived yesterday. It’s kinda funny because his profile says he’s from the United States, then it says ships from Japan, but like the guys said it ended up coming from Russia. The stone arrived well packed and looked very similar to what it looked like in his photos. The stamps are obviously fake and fresh but I think we all knew that already. First thing I did was make a few passes with one of my Japanese kitchen knives and I noticed it felt bumpy on both slurry and water. I Looked at the edge and the softer iron had lots of random scratches on it. A quick look at the stone and I discovered quite a few large golden inclusions, and a closer look revealed hundreds of small golden spots. I poked around on it a bit with a needle and the spots seem to be much harder than the surrounding stone. That’s about as far as I got with it. Here’s a pic of one of the inclusions.

David

The whole stone is covered with these things. The closer I look the more I see
D27071B4-7A91-40DA-81C8-11F2DE376CD3.jpeg

Hopefully a good lapping will take care of it.
The way it looks with the stamp, sitting on top of the ink, maybe just some contamination?

Top Bottom