What's new

Need a good aftershave lotion

I've been using Nivea and it is good but I want to try something else as it is almost gone. I have some nice splashes and witch hazel but I find that my face dries out a bit and I need a nice creamy lotion a few minutes after I use a splash. I don't like gel kind if it leaves my face feeling sticky or tight. Something that smells awesome would be killer.

Soap Commander makes great balms. I use the unscented after applying aftershave.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Proraso Balms are not too bad. I think that they are still reasonably priced. Also Captain’s Choice balms are pretty good as well. You can find Captains Choice in the Vendor Forum.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Good find. I bought all the ingredients to make this up and never did. I will have to give it a go.

Proraso makes a white balm and also a green balm. I have gotten them on sale for the same price as Nivea. The green is good in warmer weather.

LEA makes a sensitive balm "3-in-1" which has the unusual combo of alcohol and menthol in a balm with a mild barbershop-type scent. I like a tiny dab rubbed into a wet face. It completely disappears with no oily feeling. The menthol hit is nice and refreshing.

Another good, but expensive, choice is Pre de Provence Original or #63 in the metal tube. It has a lot of healing ingredients, nice scent, and you only need a tiny amount.

Zingari Man and Wholly Kaw make incredible balms. Both of these are top shelf IMO. Decent selection of scents and unscented are available.

For a fairly priced option, Hemingway Accoutrements Aftershave Balsam makes your skin feel like silk, if the scent and price are to your liking.

@BigJ also makes a fine suggestion with another moisturizer that's not necessarily just a shaving product.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Proraso Balm is a good choice IMO. I sometimes use it and it's fairly easy to find.

I think most of the older big brands make a decent balm of some type... A few good ones in my den...

D.R. Harris Aftershave Milk - Arlington
Very nice non-greasy light balm with a classic citrusy scent.

Truefitt & Hill Aftershave Balm - Trafalgar
A terrific light balm with a manly scent.

Art of Shaving Aftershave Balm - Bourbon (Kingsman)
Another big company balm that is very good. Originally released in 2017 in connection with the second Kingsman movie, re-released this year as Bourbon... One of my current Fall/Winter favorites. Great scent and face feel.

Off the reservation...

Fitjar Island of Norway Aftershave Lotion - Fjellheim or Slåtterøy
Both amazing!! Fjellheim is a woodsy blast and Slåtterøy one of the best smelling bay rums I've ever used... The truck here is to get on their email list and wait for free shipping events that happen roughly quarterly.

Lastly one I've never tried...

Wet Shaving Products Aftershave Balm.
Probably any scent is great as their soaps and splashes are one of the best performance: cost values available. I have never been disappointed with their products.

Oh... I do have some from Sterling... Executive Man, Ozark Mountain and Piacenza... All are great, but Sterling has already been mentioned.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I use different AS, alcoholic or not, and once it is almsot dry i massage with a few drops of nivea sensitive skin lotion.
Stirling, wholly kaw....
In the common market (walmart) i buy Acquavelva blue, vintage, authentic....

For me it would be Williams Aqua Velva (US or EU Version) and Williams ASB.
proxy.php

Top Bottom