What's new

Neck pressure points

During skin stretching, I sometimes find myself pressing on the left side of my neck. Every now and then I think Ive pressed
a nerve or pressure point and it feels almost like sustained pressure on it would cause some sort of horrible injury.

Anyone experienced this?

During skin stretching, I sometimes find myself pressing on the left side of my neck. Every now and then I think Ive pressed
a nerve or pressure point and it feels almost like sustained pressure on it would cause some sort of horrible injury....
You may be activating nerves in the area of the carotid artery on that side. There are stretch receptors that the body uses to regulate blood pressure. Triggering this reflex can cause slowing of the heart rate, a drop in blood pressure and even fainting. Some people are more sensitive to pressure in this area than others.

You may be activating nerves in the area of the carotid artery on that side. There are stretch receptors that the body uses to regulate blood pressure. Triggering this reflex can cause slowing of the heart rate, a drop in blood pressure and even fainting. Some people are more sensitive to pressure in this area than others.

Im pretty sure that's the one I accidentally pressed on.

My goodness, please be careful @Tester28. Fainting with a razor in your hand creates problems with serious consequences.

Almost sounds like the Vulcan nerve pinch. 🖖

Before I was born, my father was wearing a tight collar when he had to go under the truck to make a repair, and went out like a light. Like to have scared my mother to death. According to his doctor, he had compressed that nerve. His doctor was a WWI vet, and said that soldiers over-ran in the trenches sometimes tried that so the enemy would think they were dead.

This only started happening since I started the extra stretching that goes with using a straight razor.

Just a thought, but perhaps you could try alum on your fingertips to improve grip and maybe use less pressure against your neck when stretching?

Another thought would be to stretch in a different direction, thus changing where you are supplying pressure.

Sorry, that's all I got. Good luck.

I think this may be the answer I believe it's called the vagus nerve.

Top Bottom