What's new

Neck/chin shaving tip

I've noticed lately that I get a lot of weepers/razorburn under my chin.

I finally realized why: on my final pass, I go ATG, South-to-North. Right where my jawbone meets my neck, the angle changes ever-so-slightly, causing the blade to scrape.

I think I'm going to modify my routine to stop short of this area, and shave it separately with a shallower blade angle.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I would recommend doing shorter strokes and stretch the skin a bit to have a flat spot that won't be on the jawline.

Someone on B&B once recommended that when going over the adams apple, to swallow half-way and then shave over your neck. This tip works great for me.

I had the same problem, but found that stretching the skin made it worse. I actually let the skin under my chin go slack and I get a much closer shave with no irritation. Just something to try.

I had some issues with the area just below my chin and I realized that the beard direction does not grow symmetrically. So I can only shave the underside of my chin from left to right and N-S. Any attempt at all to go ATG in that spot results in irritation.

In order to get the BBS finish I use the "slide" to work the blade in different XTG directions, but never ATG.

I just pull the skin away from both sides of my adams apple, and do a blade buff/chop with no pressure. I do this all different ways and get very good results. That might be worth a try for you. :tongue: :redface: :001_tongu

Top Bottom