What's new

Nearly 500 people are now sick on Royal Caribbean cruise ship. :-(

S**t happens all the time. Every time I go to the Dominican Republic I get food poisoning, but I still like going to the Caribbean during this cold winters here in Canada.

I've only considered a cruise once. That was for our honeymoon. The price convinced me to look for other options.

Now? Well, have you ever seen Keep Up Appearances where Onslow and Rose win a cruise, and Onslow sat in front of the window just as he did the TV at home? That would be me. I'm not a resort person, and yes, I've stayed at a few on business. I wouldn't know what to do. Maybe take in a show or something, but other than that? Shrug.

BTW, I once was in a restaurant at a breakfast buffet when a couple of charter buses pulled in. They were taking guests to board a cruise. Fortunately, I was already in line. But when I got to the plates, I noticed several still had egg stuck to them. I whispered a warning to the guy next to me, and we went through the plates until we found clean ones. Don't know if anyone got sick on that cruise, but I'm just saying.

I whispered a warning to the guy next to me, and we went through the plates until we found clean ones. Don't know if anyone got sick on that cruise, but I'm just saying.

I occasionally work in an industrial kitchen. The dishwasher does a great job of sanitizing the dishes but a terrible job of cleaning them. Eggs and syrup mean the dishes have to be hand-washed before they go to the dishwasher, especially if you use cartoned eggs rather than real ones. They stick like glue

The main thing that stops me from a cruise is figuring out who, and how much, you have to tip. I hate the tipping culture. Pay people a decent wage and charge me accordingly. I hate hidden costs.

Most cruises have tips built in, it cashless.
Room service is like $90 week per person.
If you buy a drink package you buy the tips to go with it.
If you pay by room card tip is added.
No other tips needed unless you had a great steward.
Check you bill daily, most have it from the tv.
Oh and dont go too crazy at the dock, there is an added port tax for the cruise port you leave from,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've only been on two cruises, but enjoyed them both. One was a Carnival in the Caribbean, and the other was an Alaskan cruise that left out of Vancouver with Norwegian.

I've been on a couple cruises to tropical destinations. I remember feeling oddly responsible in comparison to a lot of the folks aboard the ship! Admittedly though, I was well plastered and reckless pretty much 100% of the time.

It's good sometimes to see other people behaving even worse. It's a nice reality check, lol

My personal favorite: Update: Man Arrested for Dropping Cruise Ship Anchor Sentenced to Jail

Top Bottom