What's new

Navy Simulation

Ah, you hadda be there. I will have nightmares tonight! :eek:
"Midrats" . . . Auuugggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

How about "Filipino Surprise?" did you ever have that? It's when the whole week's leftovers are served over pasta or noodles with tomato sauce. That was always a "thursday favorite" for me!!

Midrats sucks so bad. I was a night worker when i was on ship. Supervisor of the Hazmat Night Crew while it was my turn to go grinding. It was our job to throw the trash over board including the food that wasn't given to us. It took all i had not to strangle the guy serving food when he only gave me one portion knowing i would be throwing hundreds of pounds of food off the side of the ship.

My last ship, I ate in the First Class Petty Officers' mess (E-6). A couple of us were cooks, of course, so our midrats were anything we wanted.
Two things I learned early in my Navy career...when you go aboard a new ship always make friends with the cook and the corpsman.

I can still hear it:
Reveille! Reveille! Reveille! Heave to and trice up! Sweepers man your brooms....

That was a pretty good list. He left one out, though:

"Attach fluorescent lights to the underside of your coffee table. Get underneath the table and read a magazine."

That's funny!

Here are a few for dolphin wearers:

- Allow your family to enjoy fresh veggies, milk products and meat for one week then force them to eat powdered eggs, canned ravioli and potato balls at every meal for next four. Repeat cycle.

- Officially name any driving age children 'Engineers', make them sit in the car for twelve hours straight before the next family outing and twelve more after the family arrives at the destination.

- Yell and scream at any family member who slams a door or drops something about the necessity of noise control.

- Run the car exhaust into the house every three days and call the process 'snorkeling'.

- Require every family member know the name and location of every switch, valve, screw and nut in the entire house. Once accomplished, pin an unrecognizable symbol to their chest and instruct all other family members to punch the pin at will.

- Make 80% of the house off limits to 80% of the family.

- Limit reading material in the house to four Tom Clancy books and a family album from two generations previous and call this the 'library'.

- Ensure every household task has at least a four volume manual associated with it (content of the manuals can be anything but must contain misleading descriptions and indecipherable line drawings)

Top Bottom