What's new

Nautical "themed" straight?

I am currently a DE shaver. Straights have always interested me. Lately, I've been searching for the perfect starter straight.

The other day I happened upon a straight in the B/S/T with a Shark on the blade. I loved boats, fish, and the sea all my life. Seeing that straight really escalated my interest. With so many straights out there, does anyone know of anything similarly "nautical" themed?

Hi There,

Thomas Turner of Sheffield made a 'Royal Navy Razor' with a lovely Royal Naval Crest on the Blade and 'Supplier to HM Forces' on the case. I have one that I'm restoring at the moment.

If you are from US (or outside UK for that matter), the 'Royal' Navy link may not be of interest though.

I am currently a DE shaver. Straights have always interested me. Lately, I've been searching for the perfect starter straight.

The other day I happened upon a straight in the B/S/T with a Shark on the blade. I loved boats, fish, and the sea all my life. Seeing that straight really escalated my interest. With so many straights out there, does anyone know of anything similarly "nautical" themed?

somewhere on here, someone's got some holy-moley-those-are-beautiful scrimshaw whale-bone pair of razors he musta paid a pretty penny for. If I recall, they were bought by the crew of a ship for the captain or 1st leut. or something. Just astoundingly beautiful and historical.

Then again, mycarver's made a reallllllly sweet lookin' whale for his scales on one razor he's gone. He's just awesomely amazing, as are many of the restorers around here.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Here's a Boker I own;

attachment.php

I love the water too. I grew up around it and even have a shark tattoo. Funny you mentioned that blade. Look what I got in the mail the other day.$shark.jpg

A little more on the plain side of things, but Wester Bros have anchors on them. Very nice razors - not particularly fancy or ornate, but they are great shavers

Wow, just wow. Those are some gorgeous razors. And there is the "Shark" I was referring to. Looks like I'll be getting into straight razor shaving soon!

Top Bottom