What's new

Nautica scents for summer

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
My daughter gave me the three bottle set of Nautica cologne for a Christmas gift. I was wondering which ones you guys are using for summer. I don't want my daughter's gift to go unused or to waste. She doesn't know much about mens cologne or my taste in cologne. She just wanted to get me something for Christmas and didn't have much money.

Voyage is great. It is a "cheapie" but it smells fantastic and I prefer it over a lot of fragrances that go for $100 at the dep't stores.

I went through my old stuff and found a few bottles of the original blue competition. Smells just as good as I remember. You can get it on eBay for pretty reasonable prices I think.

I have Voyage, like it. Got gifted Voyage N-83 and I like that even better.

What's in your set?
I may have the same Nautica set as the thread originator. I received it this past Christmas. Voyage smells good. So does the Heritage. But the N-83 is my favorite. It is more of a fougere at first, minty and green. The heart and base notes aren't as good as the opening, but N-83 is good enough I might have to get a larger bottle. I have never liked the original Nautica from way back, but I enjoy the Voyage line and its' flankers.

My daughter gave me the three bottle set of Nautica cologne for a Christmas gift. I was wondering which ones you guys are using for summer. I don't want my daughter's gift to go unused or to waste. She doesn't know much about mens cologne or my taste in cologne. She just wanted to get me something for Christmas and didn't have much money.

i've never tried any Nautica, but can say that you have a special daughter!!
Congrats!!

I like Aquatics when they are done well. However, I just didn't like Nautica Blue. In fact, it might be least favorite out there. Maybe I have smelled it too much over the years, maybe it's the ninety bottles of it I see clogging the shelves of the discount stores I love. Whatever it is, Blue is the smell of "blah" to me.

I would give the others a chance, but I tend not to see many open bottles. I can imagine them being great summer scents if they're complex enough.

I really enjoy the scent of Nautica Voyage, but the longevity was lacking.
I amped up the longevity of my Voyage bottle by adding some fragrance oil I purchased from a knock-off vendor.
If I remember correctly I added about 10-15ml to a slightly used bottle of Voyage.
A very thin butter knife was used to pry up the chrome ring to expose the sprayer for removal.
It made the juice a little darker, but the longevity is WAY better than just the straight juice.

Vendors I've found that sell good oils are The Scentsational Shoppe, Hayward Enterprises & Oil Perfumery.
There are more, but these are the stores I've found to be reliable.

Voyage doesn't last long if I spray it too thin, but if I put about 3 sprays on one spot (my forearm / wrist, for example) it'll project all day long. Nice fresh apple scent. Just wore it yesterday!

Top Bottom