What's new

"Natural Whetstone Company" Arkansas Stone Review

Thank you all for the clarification, so I am at least left with a trans black. The black has a high sg at least lol. I have a Dan's soft as well.

I suspect the presence of Hematite in the Dunston might be the reason for it's higher than expected SG.

I suspect the presence of Hematite in the Dunston might be the reason for it's higher than expected SG.
I finished lapping the black ark from them. It feels like glass at 600 grit sic. So does the trans black, but I think the trans isn't perfectly flat. Can't fit a sheet of paper under it on the granite but against the black and the straight edge their is a small amount of light. Paper thickness not as thick as a business card though. Might order some 80 sic and more 120 and try to get it perfect.

Attachments

• IMG_20190924_194211717.jpg
    IMG_20190924_194211717.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 48
Definitely upset about finding out it isn’t a true “Arkansas Stone.” I guess this just lends credence to my original statement of having gone with a reputable seller.

I decided to give this naturalwhetstone.com company another chance and purchsed an 8x3x1 translucent Arkansas stone from them. I was sent this second grade stone. I have contacted them by leaving a voicemail and email. No response.

Screenshot_20210104-215110_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210104-215145_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210104-215253_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210104-215348_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210104-215400_Gallery.jpg

Why twice? What made you want to shop there if you felt the first deal was poor? Is it price?

Have you tried to hone on it? Novaculite can sometimes look like ice on a pond about to break with cracks but still be completely stable. Have to say I do like the pink part. Sorry you feel burned again!

Why twice? What made you want to shop there if you felt the first deal was poor? Is it price?

Have you tried to hone on it? Novaculite can sometimes look like ice on a pond about to break with cracks but still be completely stable. Have to say I do like the pink part. Sorry you feel burned again!

I read other members here had positive experiences. Translucent is a grade of novaculite that is uniform in color and demands a premium price over one with color. This stone isn't a translucent grade but technically a lower grade "true hard." The lines are physical cracks and not just visual flaws.

I have two high end stones on order from Dan's and I just wanted a translucent for my arkaholism since a first grade translucent 8x3x1 from Dan's is $385.

Screenshot_20210105-043948_Gallery.jpg

most of the stones that are sold come from Arkansas. Only they go after sorting. And you're paying a big price for just that. This company does not have strong sorting. I bought from them.. But the problem is that we do not see the stone that will come to us. If you buy on the spot, then you can choose excellent stones. Out of 5 stones, I received three excellent stones. Without inclusions and cracks. Uniform structure. But this purchase is a lottery. You took a chance. If you're unlucky. We see posts about the fact that you were deceived. If you are lucky, we see posts about how everything is fine.

most of the stones that are sold come from Arkansas. Only they go after sorting. And you're paying a big price for just that. This company does not have strong sorting. I bought from them.. But the problem is that we do not see the stone that will come to us. If you buy on the spot, then you can choose excellent stones. Out of 5 stones, I received three excellent stones. Without inclusions and cracks. Uniform structure. But this purchase is a lottery. You took a chance. If you're unlucky. We see posts about the fact that you were deceived. If you are lucky, we see posts about how everything is fine.

The only thing wrong with that particular thought process is being charged a premium price for a translucent stone and not being sent a translucent stone.

I have been unable to contact the company.

They are not available on the phone and I have not gotten responses to any of the emails I have sent.

Top Bottom