What's new

Natural Deodorant

Has anyone found a good natural mens' deodorant that's not ridiculously expensive? I find that many deodorants irritate my pits and am looking for something natural but everything seems to cost upwards of $4 PER OUNCE and that is just insane in my book. Is that the premium I just have to pay for natural deodorant? Also I have already tried alum which didn't cut it.

Thanks!!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Has anyone found a good natural mens' deodorant that's not ridiculously expensive? I find that many deodorants irritate my pits and am looking for something natural but everything seems to cost upwards of $4 PER OUNCE and that is just insane in my book. Is that the premium I just have to pay for natural deodorant? Also I have already tried alum which didn't cut it.

Thanks!!
Have you tried talcum powder?

I have decent luck with that one. Are you using a deodorant or a deo/anti-perpirant when you get the irritation?

Thanks for the recommendation. I might have to look for the JASON kind. I think it is a deo-antiperspirant that I'm using.

I use Sudsy Soapery, all natural without paraben, baking soda or aluminum. It's $3.50 per ounce, but a tub lasts a very long time. I tried a bunch before I landed on Sudsy.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
I’ve been on the hunt for a go-to natural deodorant for almost 10 years. I’ve tried a bunch. Crystal sticks, Herban Cowboy, Schmidt’s, Every Man Jack, Native, Jason, Tom’s of Maine, Oars & Alps, and I’m sure there are others I’ve tried and am forgetting.

So far the 2 best have been Alaffia from Sprouts Farmers Market and Native, but neither has been as effective as a stick of Old Spice. The majority of the others have caused me to rash, some have actually started to smell like the deodorant was rotting toward the end of the day, and the crystal stick just didn’t work for me. The Native will actually cause a rash for me if I apply too much, but if I apply just one swipe of it under each arm it is surprisingly effective and doesn’t cause a rash with such a small application.

For years I struggled with finding an anti-antiperspirant or deodorant that didn't burn my underarms. In some cases I can remember getting blisters from the products. I experimented with various natural-food store products, but was never really satisfied. So I tried Witch Hazel (I give a quick squirt from a spray bottle) and then apply the Crystal rock deodorant. And this has worked really well. No smell, unscented, no burn, cheap as dirt.

I went down this path. I learned a couple of funny things. Crystal is useless for me—it was natural in that I smelled natural. Tom’s not only left me stinky by the end of the day, but gave me a rash and peeling skin. Turns out you can be allergic to natural ingredients, too. Old Spice deodorant also gives me a rash. But combo anti persistent/deodorants don’t give me a rash and work all day long. So I landed on Degree and don’t expect to go through that painful experiment again. YMMV for sure!

9E1F2F68-DFE0-4FA4-B115-991696A01CDC.jpeg

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I've had decent luck with Tom's of Maine. I used the deodorant. I see they now make an anti-perspirant too which promises 48 hour protection. The deodorant claims 24.

I use Tom's deodorant or the Crystal alum stick, both work for me but not as well as an antiperspirant. Those are the best but you have to decide if you want the aluminum in the form it carries or not. I sometimes waffle on points like that. In the end, none of us make it out alive ;)

I tried some of the less $$ sticks such as Kiss My Face and Stirling. They were ok, not bad but not great. I found others worked better but also cost more such as Mystic Water Soap, Pit Paste, and Wholly Kaw. You may want to try Kiss My Face first since it's cheap and can be found locally (ex. Whole Foods) to see if that works for you.

Top Bottom