What's new

Nationwide Campus Injector

Well I opened the mail today and lo and behold I had a package from Nationwide Campus containing my fixed head injector and two packs of blades.

Initial reaction is........it's not bent like Corey's. It actually looks to be quite solid. I don't really need a shave yet or I'd give it a go.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
If I don't get a package in the mail manana, I'm heading down to Deal, NJ, with a thermonuclear device under my arm.:mad:

Please post a SOTD with it tomorrow.

majkeli said:
Initial reaction is........it's not bent like Corey's. It actually looks to be quite solid. .

That's great to hear!! I hope this work out well for all the Injector fans.

majkeli said:
I don't really need a shave yet or I'd give it a go.

Yes you do - NOW :biggrin:

Maj,

How well was your razor protected. On one thread, I understood that they came wrapped up so tight it was difficult to actually get to the razor. I cut the tape open on my box and they fell right out...no bubble wrap, nothing.

Randy

ouch said:
If I don't get a package in the mail manana, I'm heading down to Deal, NJ, with a thermonuclear device under my arm.:mad:

Please post a SOTD with it tomorrow.

:lol: get mine while you're there.

Vulfix 2233
Taylor's Avocado
NC Injector with (new) Schick Injector Blade
Merkur HD with (2nd shave)
Israeli Personna
Trumper's Coral Skin Food
Truefitt & Hill Grafton

My first shave with the Nationwide Campus Injector, was it nice to me this morning?

Well, yes, but way too nice. I couldn't get it to cut anything. I did two with the grain passes and one against and still didn't get a good shave. I had to break out my HD and do a pass to get the job done and it had a lot of whiskers to cut. I was not at all impressed.

Please note that this was my first ever injector shave, I have an old 1940's Eversharp Schick but have been waiting for the NC blades to give it a go. I have to say that the angle seemed to be good throughout the shave, injectors seem kinda brainless so I'm not sure how badly I could have messed up in terms of technique.

In a more general sense I don't think I like this style of razor. I enjoy holding a piece of metal in my hand every morning. This thing has a rubber cover and I just didn't enjoy holding it. Plus, it's quite long. It was the most Mach-3-like shave I've gotten since I stopped using those abominations. There's something less visceral about the injector shave in comparison to a DE shave, as I can imagine there may be from a Straight to a DE. I'll give my vintage injector a fair shake, but the rubber/chrome/blue plastic injector really just didn't do it for me.

If anyone wants to try it I'm going to put it up on the Buy/Sell/Trade forum.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
My injector arrived today. Haven't used it yet, but it's a whole lot closer to Joel's description than you-know-who's.

By the way, anyone know how to disarm a thermonuclear device? Just asking.:tongue_sm

Haven't you guys ever watched a movie? Duh, you just wait till the clock shows 1 second on the timer and cut whatever damn wire you want. It always works. (Damn laughing smiley face is supposed to be here, but he went away!)

I hope these things blow, since the damn company never replied to any of my e-mails. So much for a group buy. :mad3:

I got an order form in the mail, but no reply to my e-mail.

Odd customer service - ask to send an e-mail and then send out paper order forms via snail mail...I gues they didn't want people forwarding the offer to others.

Long story short - I've got two injectors with bakelite handles (which I've always wanted to try) coming from e-bay and a bunch of PTFE coated stainless blades from Ted Pella (20 blades for $4.50, so a much better deal). National Campus's shipping to Canada was also pretty high and there would likely be duty and taxes - so, in the end, not such a great deal for me.

Suzuki said:
I got an order form in the mail, but no reply to my e-mail.

Odd customer service - ask to send an e-mail and then send out paper order forms via snail mail...I gues they didn't want people forwarding the offer to others.

Long story short - I've got two injectors with bakelite handles (which I've always wanted to try) coming from e-bay and a bunch of PTFE coated stainless blades from Ted Pella (20 blades for $4.50, so a much better deal). National Campus's shipping to Canada was also pretty high and there would likely be duty and taxes - so, in the end, not such a great deal for me.

There is such a thing as a copy machine.

Anybody care to actually return to the topic and discuss their experience with the new injector?

Randy (nationally recognized and world famous for taking threads off topic!)

Top Bottom