What's new

Nationwide Campus Injector Razor

Status
Not open for further replies.
PortsmouthDavid said:
Y'know Peter, I wonder a bit where all this is coming from. Dismissive? Condescending? I meant no offense when I said I liked both parties and found the unpleasantness regrettable. A post such as yours makes me despair of the prospects of rational discourse with people such as yourself, who prefer insults to discussion. Just a bit depressing really.

-- David
So, the shoe is on the other foot now. Doesn't feel too nice to be insulted on a shaving web site does it? Maybe you won't be so dismissive when it happens to other people from this forum, or be so adamant in the defense of the person doing the insulting.

AJS said:
He may have a wider audience...
I knew it was only a matter of time. The good ol Wisconsinite cheeseheads who adore their beer, cheese, and bratwursts now are being accused of lowering their standards and reading his foul blog. Just kidding. :biggrin:

The spoiled prince of wet-shaving would get more respect, ah actually some respect, if he created an area on his precious site for rebuttal of his poisonous words. Not kidding.

You sound dismissive, condescending, and I detect a note of passive aggression.

Cripes. I don't see how it is possible for anyone to detect any of those things in this:
Randy --

I assure you I don't quibble with his right to post an opinion at all. I too have an opinion . . . and in my opinion there appears to have been some unfortunate incident that has left a bad taste, which is regrettable. Nevetheless, at the risk of sounding controversial, I am going on record as saying that I like both Ron and Corey, and I think the negativity is, well, unfortunate. So, again, I'm just going to say that my experience with Corey has been quite positive, and Ron is obviously a fine fellow.

Again, I really don't think anyone is going to get too far claiming defamation of character for some comments in or about shaving forums and blogs.

Finally, I want to emphasize again that nothing in my comments is meant to be offensive or hostile to any party. I'm just sticking up for Corey, who, IMO, has been somewhat maligned and misunderstood.

Peace.

David

It's practically a love letter.

moses said:
Thanks.... Hmmm, quite the difference in responses. Interested in seeing some more opinions. Frankly I think it is butt ugly and looks way too much like a Mach 3, but if Joel's experience of it being truly superior to all other injectors is consistent, I might have to consider it anyway.

I really don't understand how any handle with plastic and rubber can possibly make a Vision look cheap though....

Thanks to Joel for the review.

2 Things I'd like to mention.... firstly - I have a "prototype" which was manufactured before the mass runs - so it is possible the "proto" was of higher quality. #2 - while my injector (fixed) does have a small amount of plastic (VERY small blue line) and a rubber coating on the handle - 90% of the razor is solid steel and the thing is mighty heavy, more so than a vision.

As far as Corey's take.... to each their own. There are some fellas who don't like/can't get to work for them - Merkur HD's, Trumper shaving creams, Taylor shaving creams, CAR a/s cream, etc - but the vast majority of wetshavers do like the aformentioned products. To each their own. If my prototype injector is anything like the production versions - I'll bet the farm it'll be a hit.

Two things I want to add here and then move on. Lots of these are on order, so let's wait and see what the real deal is. Also, let's all agree to disagree on our feelings about Corey. Yes, I owe him because he brought me to the forums, but I believe he owes the forums a modicum of respect. The worst thing that can come from this is escalated posts of disagreement that end up with folks here developing a dislike for each other. Let's not go there. Whether the topic is shaving, guns, fountain pens, whatever, a common item has brought us here together. Let's keep the focus there.

Randy

"Although Donovan McNabb and Terrell Owens will play together in 2005, don't expect them to be singing Kumbaya."

I should have known better, starting this thread and being a member of MSN wetshavers board since about 2003, when Corey never even heard about classicwetshaving....:wink:

Allways when his shaveblog is mentioned it leads to very much discussion between the members, sometimes even with furious aspects......

But why take him so seriously??????? I myself was made a little bit ridiculous in his blog about having so much shaving brushes (600 or so according to him....), but i smiled and lifted my shoulders about it......

Please gentlemen, don't take mr. Greenberg so gd serious....!!!

Maybe i can take more distance then you being from abroad, but if the same would happen in my country i would feel the same (i guess...:001_rolle )

Peter

Like this injector. I appreciate Joel's additional feedback. I think he makes a good point about the prototype issue - it seems like prototypes are prone to either better or worse fit and finish than production versions. In this case, it seems hard to expect that the production will be better, but mayhap it will in fact turn out to be about as good, on average.

I actually find the reported heft of it to be very promising. If there is one thing I don't like about the charming old models, it is the very light weight..... I guess the rubber on the handles is not a sign of poor quality at all, just I have a personal preference for not having it, because it reminds me of the Mach 3 type razor.

Rearlly, I suppose it is silly for us all to be speculating about this till more come out, but hey, it's a razor and this is a razor forum, so...... :001_rolle

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Okay. It's been about 24 hours since I heard Ron use the word scumbag, and my head's still spinning. :w00t:

Now Ron's a big boy, and strikes me as someone who is about as well prepared to do intellectual battle as anyone you'll ever find, so I'll refrain from questioning the motives that caused him to respond in a manner that I would normally consider unbecoming. I do recall at least one reference on the blog that, if directed at me, would have received a response even less genteel.

As far as I'm concerned, whatever entertainment value the blog offers goes out the window when the author resorts to ad hominem attacks that are done in a manner that does not allow the victim to directly respond. :thumbdown

guenron said:
Why the HATE? Gimme a break.. Is this the new TROLL CHANT? The comment you responded to is merely an observation of FACT. The blogger's love of an un-named high-priced brushless cream was driving the mindless minions to their limits. Too difficult a pronouncement with which to deal? Do you doubt that Ms. Greenberg's shame has hyped any and everything that has put coin in his pocket? Then seek help.
This piece of work is a mean-spirited scumbag that makes a used, old-world, pig bladder condum appear charming. When lost for subject matter, he makes personal attacks his offre du jour. He, if that is the correct gender, is a poor excuse for humanity.

For those of you denied an adequate education, his writing
is neither good nor charming. It is the scatology of his zeit geist.

Corey was like that when writing for Stereophool. Still the same style and always worth laughing at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom