What's new

Nationwide Campus Injector Razor

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is hard to argue against the pictures on shaveblog. If those pics are indicative of their quality control... well I guess it is a crapshoot. You might get a good injector or you might get a total piece of crap. That is so the suck.

All valid points, and if you take it as satirical then all well and good, but those not familiar with his style would definitely come away with the wrong impression. Starting DE shaving, one exposes themself to a massive information overload, if your brain is too frazzled to get the "humour" then you may be discouraged from taking advantage of the lifeline that forums like this can offer. Also, I defy anybody to have a positive first shaving experience with a Wee Scot in hand.

PortsmouthDavid said:
Hey -- why the hate for Corey? He's a really decent chap who is interested in sharing his shaving experiences. He even laughs at himself for running out of time and having to do quickie shaves because he "dawdles" -- he doesn't ADVOCATE the 5 minute shave . . . it's just an occasional necessity in his life.

FWIW -- On several occasions he has helped me to tune my shaving rig. Always cordial. Always witty and pleasant. And incidentally he gives good advice.

So, if you disagree with him, fine. But there's no reason to knock the guy.

David
Why the HATE? Gimme a break.. Is this the new TROLL CHANT? The comment you responded to is merely an observation of FACT. The blogger's love of an un-named high-priced brushless cream was driving the mindless minions to their limits. Too difficult a pronouncement with which to deal? Do you doubt that Ms. Greenberg's shame has hyped any and everything that has put coin in his pocket? Then seek help.
This piece of work is a mean-spirited scumbag that makes a used, old-world, pig bladder condum appear charming. When lost for subject matter, he makes personal attacks his offre du jour. He, if that is the correct gender, is a poor excuse for humanity.

For those of you denied an adequate education, his writing
is neither good nor charming. It is the scatology of his zeit geist.

..... Wow

Anyways, so far in we only have 2 reviews (unless someone can be kind enough to point me to others).

I will personally be reserving judgment of the reviews, and reviewers for that matter ;), until at least a few more people have had a go at them.

Hopefully one individual's bad experience isn't necessarily representative.

That and the fact that I have already placed an order ;)

guenron said:
Why the HATE? Gimme a break.. Is this the new TROLL CHANT? The comment you responded to is merely an observation of FACT. The blogger's love of an un-named high-priced brushless cream was driving the mindless minions to their limits. Too difficult a pronouncement with which to deal? Do you doubt that Ms. Greenberg's shame has hyped any and everything that has put coin in his pocket? Then seek help.
This piece of work is a mean-spirited scumbag that makes a used, old-world, pig bladder condum appear charming. When lost for subject matter, he makes personal attacks his offre du jour. He, if that is the correct gender, is a poor excuse for humanity.

For those of you denied an adequate education, his writing
is neither good nor charming. It is the scatology of his zeit geist.
lol! actually he's a pretty good writer.

With this kind of response to review #2, who can wait for the third?!?

Seriously though, I hope that quality control in the new injectors is strict. The disappointment in this community alone would be tremendous. Especially after we have all spent so many clams on them. Since NationwideCampus.com began shipping today, hopefully more reviews will be popping up within the next few days.

P

PortsmouthDavid

Ron -

You're a fine fellow whose contribution to shave-lore is immeasurable. I enjoy your posts, and find you pleasant and intelligent.

As regards Corey however, you have - IMHO - eaten on the insane root and taken leave of all common sense. I have no idea what drives you to such fury, but I repeat, that I have had a chain of correspondence with Corey, and find him to be so much the opposite of your portrayal (caricature?) that I must speak in his defense. I assure you that he is thoughtful, personable, and quite amusing.

Gents -- a little perspective please. This is a round of discussion . . . ABOUT SHAVING!!! A little humor, a little balance, a little live and let live. I seriously doubt that any barbs he puts into his blog are meant maliciously.

Again, Ron, nothing against you personally, but in this instance I must respectfully disagree with your post. You sound like the editors at the New York Times discussing Karl Rove.

David

I'm not gonna get my panties in a wad just yet. I can't wait to get mine. If it sucks it sucks. Won't be the first thing that I have tried that did not pan out. I can't tell you how many times I purchased something that was touted to be better than sliced bread. Only to discover for my likings said product blows goats. Or how many times someone told me "that's crap" only to discover that I guess I like crappy stuff. I say wait and do your own research and form your own opinion. That's half the fun in this shaving Shangri la right? And look on the bright side... at least you got that going for you. BTW- Thanks again Joel!!!

PortsmouthDavid said:
Ron -

You're a fine fellow whose contribution to shave-lore is immeasurable. I enjoy your posts, and find you pleasant and intelligent.

As regards Corey however, you have - IMHO - eaten on the insane root and taken leave of all common sense. I have no idea what drives you to such fury, but I repeat, that I have had a chain of correspondence with Corey, and find him to be so much the opposite of your portrayal (caricature?) that I must speak in his defense. I assure you that he is thoughtful, personable, and quite amusing.

Gents -- a little perspective please. This is a round of discussion . . . ABOUT SHAVING!!! A little humor, a little balance, a little live and let live. I seriously doubt that any barbs he puts into his blog are meant maliciously.

Again, Ron, nothing against you personally, but in this instance I must respectfully disagree with your post. You sound like the editors at the New York Times discussing Karl Rove.

David

David, has Corey ever personally attacked you on his blog? Ron takes this personal because it is. And since he has been attacked personally, whether or not I agree with his posts, I won't quibble with his right to post his opinion.

Randy

the problem with Corey is that he learned how to wet shave on a forum, got in some tiff or something, took his ball and went blogging and now takes small shots at the message boards (again where he learned). Also he takes petty stabs at members by referrence and sometimes by name... either way it's low but that's just my take i guess.

Look.

As David said. This is about shaving.

I understand where Ron is coming from, having been personally attacked, and he knows how I feel about this whole thing.

I know nothing about Corey personally. I find his blog relatively helpful, but YMMV. I find the personal attacks he has made tasteless. That said, I find all personal attacks tasteless. Again YMMV.

Now, we get nowhere arguing over the relevant worth of Mr. Greenberg as a person. It has happened plenty of times already. If David, or someone else, has questions about the personal attacks mentioned, either do some searching, or PM Ron or another old school member, or even me (I at least saw a couple of the attacks, although I am an inexperienced newbie).

If anyone else has anything else to say about what anyone said, PM them. Let's have a little dignity here, even if we are only shaving.

This is supposed to be a gentlemanly forum about SHAVING. So let's be gentlemen and talk about shaving, shall we.

I'm looking forward to hearing some more opinions on the Injectors... Honestly, it would be a little ironic if they turn out to have the same variation in shave quality that is reported of the original old Bakelite handle numbers. :rolleyes:

P

PortsmouthDavid

rtaylor61 said:
David, has Corey ever personally attacked you on his blog? Ron takes this personal because it is. And since he has been attacked personally, whether or not I agree with his posts, I won't quibble with his right to post his opinion.

Randy

Randy --

I assure you I don't quibble with his right to post an opinion at all. I too have an opinion . . . and in my opinion there appears to have been some unfortunate incident that has left a bad taste, which is regrettable. Nevetheless, at the risk of sounding controversial, I am going on record as saying that I like both Ron and Corey, and I think the negativity is, well, unfortunate. So, again, I'm just going to say that my experience with Corey has been quite positive, and Ron is obviously a fine fellow.

Again, I really don't think anyone is going to get too far claiming defamation of character for some comments in or about shaving forums and blogs.

Finally, I want to emphasize again that nothing in my comments is meant to be offensive or hostile to any party. I'm just sticking up for Corey, who, IMO, has been somewhat maligned and misunderstood.

Peace.

David

I simply can't pass up the opportunity to post this:
full

Last edited by a moderator:
PortsmouthDavid said:
Randy --

I assure you I don't quibble with his right to post an opinion at all. I too have an opinion . . . and in my opinion there appears to have been some unfortunate incident that has left a bad taste, which is regrettable. Nevetheless, at the risk of sounding controversial, I am going on record as saying that I like both Ron and Corey, and I think the negativity is, well, unfortunate. So, again, I'm just going to say that my experience with Corey has been quite positive, and Ron is obviously a fine fellow.

Again, I really don't think anyone is going to get too far claiming defamation of character for some comments in or about shaving forums and blogs.

Finally, I want to emphasize again that nothing in my comments is meant to be offensive or hostile to any party. I'm just sticking up for Corey, who, IMO, has been somewhat maligned and misunderstood.

Peace.

David
No wonder you like Corey so much. This post makes it so clear. You sound dismissive, condescending, and I detect a note of passive aggression. It is a great work of blogger homage.

I think the blogger is a total lightweight who uses his blog to take cheep shots and get free stuff. I doubt he'd ever insult any of these chaps to their faces.

I think he's recommended some very iffy products, and I wonder about what his motives are.

But hey, he lives near me and reads this board. He has every opportunity to PM me and try to change my mind over a cup of coffee or a beer. Show me that we are all misunderstanding you Corey, show us that you are a stand up guy, and not a snob. I'll buy the first round. Not going to hold my breath waiting though.

Ok. Maybe I am off base, with both my former post and this one. BUT. I know plenty of people have a bad opinion of Corey, and sometimes like to post that in strong words. That's one thing.

Altogether another thing is insulting a member of the forum, who, while new like myself, is simply doing the gentlemanly thing of defending someone he thinks is being wronged.

Gents, please. I have been under the impression that this is a very gentlemanly place. Let's keep it that way.

Oh, and here is to Kyle for having me practically rolling on the floor. In the middle of a CG rant thread no less. WELL DONE.

With The Grain said:
the problem with Corey is that he learned how to wet shave on a forum, got in some tiff or something, took his ball and went blogging and now takes small shots at the message boards (again where he learned). Also he takes petty stabs at members by referrence and sometimes by name... either way it's low but that's just my take i guess.

Don't forget that he also attacked Joe Lerch. Mr. Lerch called him out and he removed his reference to him directly.

P

PortsmouthDavid

acoldspoon said:
No wonder you like Corey so much. This post makes it so clear. You sound dismissive, condescending, and I detect a note of passive aggression. It is a great work of blogger homage.

I think the blogger is a total lightweight who uses his blog to take cheep shots and get free stuff. I doubt he'd ever insult any of these chaps to their faces.

I think he's recommended some very iffy products, and I wonder about what his motives are.

But hey, he lives near me and reads this board. He has every opportunity to PM me and try to change my mind over a cup of coffee or a beer. Show me that we are all misunderstanding you Corey, show us that you are a stand up guy, and not a snob. I'll buy the first round. Not going to hold my breath waiting though.

Y'know Peter, I wonder a bit where all this is coming from. Dismissive? Condescending? I meant no offense when I said I liked both parties and found the unpleasantness regrettable. A post such as yours makes me despair of the prospects of rational discourse with people such as yourself, who prefer insults to discussion. Just a bit depressing really.

-- David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom