What's new

Nationwide Campus Group Buy Thread (Shick Injectors/Blades)

TraderJoe said:
Its also interesting that I sent them the form back immediately with payment, and haven't gotten a "we're processing your order" message.

Yup, I'm in the same boat. Maybe next week... :001_rolle

ouch said:
My package arrived today, so hopefully you should all receive them soon.
My items arrived today. Just received an incredible shave with the fixed head injector.

Woo-hoo! I was getting jealous since all the other guys had one, but it finally came today! Within 15 minutes I had a much un-needed second shave of the day!

No QC issues to speak of. Just a wonderful razor that, on first use, is making me think I may have a lifetime supply of DE blades.

Just to clarify - People keep trying to add themselves to this group buy; is that still possible? (I am not particularly interested, but it would be a shame for these people to post here expecting something to happen, and never get a result, when they could just go to the website and buy immediately for the regular price).

moses said:
Just to clarify - People keep trying to add themselves to this group buy; is that still possible? (I am not particularly interested, but it would be a shame for these people to post here expecting something to happen, and never get a result, when they could just go to the website and buy immediately for the regular price).

Please PM me if you still want in on this deal as I'm no longer monitoring the thread daily.

Got mine in the mail yesterday -- never got a confirming email, though.

Shaving with the fixed blade version this morning!

Tom

Got mine today! One Fixed and one adjustable. Both arrived in cellophane wrapping with no packing peanuts (etc). However, both look to be well-made and sturdy. Looking forward to a great shave tonight!

~Tim :cool:

I got a fixed head yesterday and tried using it this morning. This thing won't load the blades! The key only goes in about a third of the way, then gets stuck. Am I doing something wrong?

I ended up manually inserting the blade which was rather tricky and it gave me a decent shave. Not bad, not great. I'll try again tomorrow.

inkling said:
I got a fixed head yesterday and tried using it this morning. This thing won't load the blades! The key only goes in about a third of the way, then gets stuck. Am I doing something wrong?

I ended up manually inserting the blade which was rather tricky and it gave me a decent shave. Not bad, not great. I'll try again tomorrow.

Same, I could only get my blade in a 3rd of the way then had to do the rest by hand. =/

I shaved with the fixed head this morning but I never used an injector before but I did follow the other posts and kept the guard against my skin. I'm not sure if I was supposed to do that or another angle but the shave I got (with CVS blades, my other good ones are on order) was sketchy at best even using Nancy Boy. Had I not run out of time and needed to get to work I would have finished off with my HD. =/ Bummed me out to walk out of the house with a cruddy shave. I'll try it again tomorrow though, maybe I just need to get used to the razor.

Hmmm . . . Sounds like it's time to post a link to Ron's Pictorial on "Loading an Injector"
Last night I tried loading a blade into the non-adjustable NWC model and a Schick Model L that I bought from rols (thanks rols!) and had no trouble whatsoever. I only had to adjust the blade once fully loaded since the blades tend to load with one side a bit more exposed than the rest, and thus had to make sure the blade was equally-exposed on both ends.
Bytheway, I'm using the blades from TedPella (#121-4).
I'll let y'all know how the shave goes. I plan to shave one side of my face with the NWC razor, and the other side with the Schick Model L.

~Tim :wink2:

AceHarddrive said:
Hmmm . . . Sounds like it's time to post a link to Ron's Pictorial on "Loading an Injector"

I actually referred to that thread yesterday, but I can only get to the third photo. The key goes in about a third of the way, then stops cold. If I force it, the key moves slightly further, but then requires the Jaws of Life to get it back out.

I'm not sure if it's a quality control issue or what, but I guess I got a bum razor. Maybe NWC should ship a pair of pliers with every order. Live and learn, I guess.

Mine arrived today without any plastic wrapping and with blade already loaded - what would that mean, was it used before?

I spoke with them recently and they said that the new ones were being sent out with a blade loaded.

I would expect that is the case for you and the unit is most likely still new.

-Geoff

Top Bottom