What's new

National Security Fountain Pen

Hello I have just acquired an English 1920s fountain pen by a company branding itself National Security (daft name for a pen I know), it was a brand by the British Carbon Paper Company. What is interesting about it is, that it uses an arrow for the clip which predates it being the Parker logo, Duofolds of the same era used a plain clip.

I would appreciate any thoughts about when Parker started using the arrow. $untitled (2).png

Brian would know the answer to that. unfortunately your stuck with me, and i haven't the slightest idea lol sorry mate, but it looks like you have a cool bit of history there

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I would appreciate any thoughts about when Parker started using the arrow.

I think the emblematic clip design was first used on the Parker Golden Arrow, 1933. Later that pen's name was changed (some legal issues) to Vacuum Filler which later became the famed Vacumatic.

Your pen has it beat if it's entirely original, are you sure it's from the '20s? Congrats on the purchase.

I have done some surfing and think that the clip is original, the manufacturer in think is a company called Lang, the nib on my version isn't original but they produced a number of models with the arrow clip, if I get any further information I will post it.

Top Bottom