What's new

National Fountain Pen Day

If you haven't been hanging out on FPN lately, there is an effort underway to establish a Fountain Pen Day, probably on the first Friday in November. Someone already has a web site "reserved" and one vendor at least, is on board. I think you'll recognize him.

Here's the link.

Why just a day???

Why not a month?

Setpenber? :) or the month preceding it since the Fountain Pen is the most August of writing instruments.

Why just a day???

Why not a month?

Setpenber? :) or the month preceding it since the Fountain Pen is the most August of writing instruments.

Thats good! At first I just glanced and I thought you typed "September" with your fist. :)

It may end up being a month, that's part of the discussion now.

Also, the November date is becoming the default, more because of benefit to the vendors, than historical significance, and the likelihood of attracting new users because it's peak shopping time and people will buy things they wouldn't ordinarily. Speaking of August, I thought about suggesting the weekend of the DC Supershow, but those engaged in the conversation are very aware that the community is international, and the Supershow is an American thing.

If it's in September I can celebrate by purchasing a new pen for my birthday (which is in September).
I think that will work out nicely.
Surely it can be a world wide thing.

If not, well I'll make it fountain pen day or month in my house.
I just have to run it through a vote. The only problem is I'm a 50% partner with only 10% voting power. :tongue_sm

Top Bottom