What's new

Nasty Ingredients!!! Beware!!!

I bought a bag of salted peanuts the other day and there was a note on the bag which said "Warning- May contain traces of nuts" :blink:

I have a huge problem with people who think "organic" and "natural ingredients" are some sort of seal that ensures the products are safe!
There is a good japanese saying in this case "There is no excuse but ignorance". Well, I am not ignorant, so therefore I have no excuse to believe this nonsense.
The truth is that products containing "all natural ingredients" are usually less extensively tested than their "artificial" counterparts.
As for safety, we will never really know, until we the public can make sure that our governments demand more rigorous testing (along the lines of what is demanded of pharmaceuticals) of "cosmetics".
Cosmeceuticals is the latest thing. And although "clinically proven" is always an overstatement, when we are not talking about an FDA approved medicinal product, it is still a step in the right direction.
To sum it up, "natural" amd "organic" is not the same as harmless. Often quite the opposite. And artificial is not the same as bad or harmful.

I bought a bag of salted peanuts the other day and there was a note on the bag which said "Warning- May contain traces of nuts" :blink:
Maybe you got a bag of polistyrene packing peanuts with artificial peanut flavour added , real peanuts are too expensive so they just use traces of them. :biggrin:
Maybe it's time to worry about what was not present just in traces.

Top Bottom