What's new

Nascar season..

I dont expect a lot of responses here , but Nascar season is upon us. The Bud shootout is coming up this Saturday, which is the official start of the Nascar season. I know there a few Nascar fans on this board.. So I would like to start this thread as a general Nascar thread for the season.

Anyway, here are my predictions for end of the season rankings. (Top 12)

1. 2011 Champion Kevin Harvick
2. Denny Hamlin
3. Kyle Busch
4. Jimmie Johnson
5. Tony Stewart
6. Jeff Gordon
7. Clint Bowyer
8. Carl Edwards
9. Greg Biffle
10. Kurt Busch
11. Matt Kenseth
12. Jamie McMurray

And to get into the Nascar spirit. Here are some pics I took the past couple of years.

The unveling of the 29 Jimmy Johns car 2 weeks ago
View attachment 145058

Mr Jeff Burton
proxy.php

RCR Budweiser car unveiling (Car has since been switched to black)
proxy.php

Budweiser at RCR
proxy.php

The King
proxy.php

Mr Clint Bowyer
proxy.php

Daytona 500 trophy
proxy.php

Ms Sprint Cup
proxy.php

Michael Waltrip and Martin Truex Jr
proxy.php

2009 All Star Race press conference.. Kevin Harvick and Ric Flair
proxy.php

Dale Jarret
proxy.php

2009 October Charlotte Race
View attachment 145060

Hanging with Brian Vickers
View attachment 145061

Kevin Harvick and me (green shirt), in front of new bud car.
View attachment 145062

I took that picture on a night that I had dinner with him at Charlotte Motor Speedway. He is such a class act, and I miss him being behind the wheel.

Great pictures! I didn't even have to look at your location to know you were in NC.

Did NASCAR change anything up to try and prevent another championship by Jimmie Johnson? Who would have ever thought he'd become one of the best driver in Nascar history...

I don't know about Harvick winning it... He seems to get involved in too many altercations and distractions throughout the year.

I'd like to see Kyle Busch get back in it... he keeps things interesting on and off the track.

Yep, most of those pics were taken in NC.. with one or 2 of them taken in Virginia (martinsville). I think Harvick has matured enough to win it all. As for Kyle, I actually like him a lot.. and if Harv doesnt win it, I would like it to be Kyle.. Nascar needed someone like Kyle to ruffle some feathers.

Junior needs a good season this year.. I am not a fan of his per se, but for the sake of the sport, he needs to start winning again.. He has the talent and he has proven it in the past.

Junior needs a good season this year.. I am not a fan of his per se, but for the sake of the sport, he needs to start winning again.. He has the talent and he has proven it in the past.

A lot of people had talent in the past. It goes away eventually. Sooner for some than others. This guy has the best of everything and still can't run well consistently. I believe his best days are behind him. A win or two isn't out of the cards, but championship contention is gone.

my best memories of my grandfather are laying on our stomachs in front of the tv watching that Black #3 race around the track. became a junior fan once sr died. it's been a rough few years lately, so i'm really hoping for some change.

I really hope this is Denny Hamlin's year. I fell through the floor with the last minute championship snag by Jimmie Johnson.

my best memories of my grandfather are laying on our stomachs in front of the tv watching that Black #3 race around the track. became a junior fan once sr died. it's been a rough few years lately, so i'm really hoping for some change.

Same here. Followed his dad from when I first started watching the sport. Felt only natural to pull for his son after the accident.

Why do you have Jimmie Johnson coming in at 4?

I just think that there are some other drivers that have caught up to him in many facets (crew chief, pit crew, patience, and strategy). He will still have 3 or 4 wins, but I think that he will finish 4th this year..

Having family in Wilkesboro, I have developed an affinity for NASCAR when I really didn't used to like it (I love motocross/rally/f-1/v8 supercars though, so it's about time). Planning on going to Bristol this year in August. I like Dale Jr! I REALLY like watching Kyle Busch and Brad Keselowski act like psychopaths when they see eachother!

Here are some more pictures from my collection

Clint Bowyer's car after the 2007 Daytona 500

proxy.php

Cockpit of a Sprint Cup car

proxy.php

Prepping cars at RCR

proxy.php

This one needs no explanation
proxy.php

Driver Intro
proxy.php

Jeff Gordon milling around
proxy.php

I just think that there are some other drivers that have caught up to him in many facets (crew chief, pit crew, patience, and strategy). He will still have 3 or 4 wins, but I think that he will finish 4th this year..

Well, I can understand that line of thinking. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Hendrick did make some in-house changes in terms of crews members at the beginning of the offseason that might diminish Johnson's competitive advantage.

Johnson's developed a mental toughness that nobody can match as a result of having raced hard for four straight years. A lot of guys do it for one, but he knows what it takes to run in the front pack more so than any other driver. He's been the chaser and the chasee.

I can see him slipping to third, but barring some major wrecks I don't think he'll go any lower.

Top Bottom