What's new

NASA's Michael Collins RIP

Oh. He/they just wiped the stuff off on a towel.

ISS, I'm not sure. Electrics I think.

AA
After posting my comment, I googled "how do astronauts shave in space." Among the many results was this video:

It turns out astronauts use both electric razors and cartridge razors. The electric razors are preferred by some because there's no need for water, but it does make me wonder how the razors capture the shaved beard hair with no gravity. For the cartridge shavers, there is an astronaut shave cream. I wonder if it's just Cremo in a tube. 😁

If I were in charge of PR for one of the cartridge companies, I would be touting my products as out of this world! 😁

Astronauts were the heroes to us boys of the 1960's.
I even had an astronaut costume for Hallowe'en when I was about six or seven, and spaceman and rocket-ship toys.
With Thunderbirds, Lost in Space, I Dream of Jeannie, Doctor Who, The Jetsons, Star Trek and the like on TV, space travel seemed to be everywhere in popular culture back then.
Of course, we knew the difference between fantasy and reality, but we still all wanted to be astronauts when we grew up!
I remember everyone...and I mean every single person in town (and round the world), was in front of a television set for the moon landing in 1969!
There's really never been anything like it since...

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Astronauts were the heroes to us boys of the 1960's.
I even had an astronaut costume for Hallowe'en when I was about six or seven, and spaceman and rocket-ship toys.
With Thunderbirds, Lost in Space, I Dream of Jeannie, Doctor Who, The Jetsons, Star Trek and the like on TV, space travel seemed to be everywhere in popular culture back then.
Of course, we knew the difference between fantasy and reality, but we still all wanted to be astronauts when we grew up!
I remember everyone...and I mean every single person in town (and round the world), was in front of a television set for the moon landing in 1969!
There's really never been anything like it since...

Major Matt Mason was my favorite toy. Had the moon base, the crawler, the glider etc. Later, the GI Joe astronauts.

proxy.php

As far as role models, we could have done worse...

AA

Top Bottom