What's new

Narrowed it down to 3!

I started on my journey though B&B 2 years ago. I saw that people were saving money :lol: and i was getting horrible shaves from my gillette fusion/fusion proglide. Irritation out of the butt to where my neck looked like raw meat (even tho i was 18 years old). I now have 10+ soaps and and 2 creams but ive finally narrowed it down to 3 that I will always keep in my rotation once i finish all of them. The first: Martin de Candre. I first bought Martin de Candre based on the amazing reviews I saw on the forum here about after a year of shaving with a DE. The performance was amazing and nothing like I had ever seen with a shaving soap. The irritation I got from the scented was horrible though, so I sold it on the BST (thank you B&B) and decided to give one last go with the Unscented version... HOMEFRICKENRUN! MDC Unscented, a Gillette Rocket HD, and Super Iridium Blad.. Whew.. Nothing like it. No Irritation, No razor burn, and the Most consistent shaves I've had since i started shaving in 9th grade of high school. So with that being said. There are 2 other soaps that come CLOSE which I will also keep.. So here is my top 3...

1. Martin de Candre Unscented
2. Cella Creama Sapone Extra Extra Purissima
3. Tabac

So guys. Tell me your Top 3!! I love soap! :w00t::w00t:

The 3 I will never be without (not in any order of preference as I like them all equally)

Tabac
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Cella

AND......

If you wanted to make room for a 4th, Arko would be in there for sure :001_smile

C&E Nomad old formula
Stirling
La Toja

I don't know what will replace Nomad when my stock runs out.

1.) Tabac in the winter
2.) Cella brick in the summer
3.) Mike's Lavender year round (come on, who can resist a good lavender?)

That was difficult. Runner up would be XXX-T but I have only had 2 shaves with it to date and need a little more play time. They were excellent shaves though, I must say.

Lately it has been:
Mitchell's ( England )
La Toja ( Spain )
Cella (Italy )

Tabac has not been used all that much lately for some reason.

My top soaps (from what I tried with my limited R&D)

1) Prorasso Green Soap
2)Arko
3)Prorasso White

I have also used Kaloderma cream, Arko Ice mint cream, nivea cream, palmolive shave stick, wilkinson sword soap,, prorasso red, williams mug.

There are many more I want to try, but this stuff lasts for ever (especially the 3 sticks of arko I have),

I started on my journey though B&B 2 years ago. I saw that people were saving money :lol: and i was getting horrible shaves from my gillette fusion/fusion proglide. Irritation out of the butt to where my neck looked like raw meat (even tho i was 18 years old). I now have 10+ soaps and and 2 creams but ive finally narrowed it down to 3 that I will always keep in my rotation once i finish all of them. The first: Martin de Candre. I first bought Martin de Candre based on the amazing reviews I saw on the forum here about after a year of shaving with a DE. The performance was amazing and nothing like I had ever seen with a shaving soap. The irritation I got from the scented was horrible though, so I sold it on the BST (thank you B&B) and decided to give one last go with the Unscented version... HOMEFRICKENRUN! MDC Unscented, a Gillette Rocket HD, and Super Iridium Blad.. Whew.. Nothing like it. No Irritation, No razor burn, and the Most consistent shaves I've had since i started shaving in 9th grade of high school. So with that being said. There are 2 other soaps that come CLOSE which I will also keep.. So here is my top 3...

1. Martin de Candre Unscented
2. Cella Creama Sapone Extra Extra Purissima
3. Tabac

So guys. Tell me your Top 3!! I love soap! :w00t::w00t:
Good stuff, I love these threads, it gives me something to aspire to.

The only suggestion I have, since there may still be a lot of soaps left to try, is leaving the fourth slot open for a trial soap. That way, as you finish one of your trial soaps, you can always replace it with something new.

My top 3 from what I've tried would be:

1) Queen Charlotte Esquire
2) Stirling Cool
3) Arko

Still have plenty to try though

I have to laugh each time I hear how we save money, of course that's what I thought at first also. I started out with the big 3:

Tabac
MWF
Cella

I don't see ever being without them, but love RazoRock soaps and DR Harris and Mikes and B&M etc...
I'll be happy if eventually I get it down to a different soap for each day of the week. If I had to pick just 3 it would be the first ones listed.

Arko
Panna Crema
MWF

my 4th slot would be for RazoRock which I always have in my den, I keep the ones that agree with my skin and sell off the ones that don't. They're such great performers for the price its hard to not try them all as they come out, definitely a AD enabler.

Glad to see you've made it out the other side of SSAD there, cadams! I'm not there yet, but I'm at least narrowing it down to a couple different product lines :blushing:

Subject to change, but...
-Cella (the tub...haven't tried the brick yet)
-DR Harris (Marlborough is my current favorite)
-Razorock King Louis (mmmmm, shea butter)

1. MdC. For me this is the best soap.
2. AoS old formula. Haven't tried the new yet.
3. Cella.

This list most likely will change during the coming year.

Glad to see you've made it out the other side of SSAD there, cadams! I'm not there yet, but I'm at least narrowing it down to a couple different product lines :blushing:

Subject to change, but...
-Cella (the tub...haven't tried the brick yet)
-DR Harris (Marlborough is my current favorite)
-Razorock King Louis (mmmmm, shea butter)

My favorites almost mirror your's...
-Cella (from the brick)
-DR Harris (Windsor is my favorite)
-Razorock (prefer the argan oil based line)

Top Bottom