What's new

Narrowed it down to 3!

i cant yet narrow down to three. too little experience. nothing i have tried has been terrible but some are rising to the top:

mikes
cella red
speick stick (cant believe nobody has mentioned it.)
MWF is up there, so is stirling and valobra but i need more time!

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
In a few days I will celebrate my 7th year as a B&B Member.

Martin de Candre Fougere
Santa Maria Novella (technically a cream/croap
Tabac (for old times sake)

I always enjoy the hypothetical choices; they make me glad it is all pretend

1) Martin De Candre original scent

2) Czech & Speake No 88

3) D.R. Harris Windsor

1. Cella
2. MWF
3. Speick

And that's really all I ever want from soaps. Creams are really my go-to software but, those are the very best IMO in the soap category.

Frank

Mitchell's Wool Fat- for most everyday
Truefitt & Hill 1805 cream (balm and cologne too)- for special occasions
Tabac stick- just wonderful performance and scent

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Only 3? Very hard choice for me, but...

1. Cella, Crema Sapone Extra Extra Purissima
2. RazoRock King of the Castle Lime Oil
3. La Toja stick

Martin de Candre (for almost 10 months in a rolling year) - in fact I could end my list at that.
MWF - this soap is even slicker than MdC IMHO but sometimes (ie most mornings) I couldnt be bothered with the extra lather time /effort
Third choice - still yet to be filled...I've a a tub of PdP in the post, or maybe I'm yet to try Cella ....

Martin de Candre (for almost 10 months in a rolling year) - in fact I could end my list at that.
MWF - this soap is even slicker than MdC IMHO but sometimes (ie most mornings) I couldnt be bothered with the extra lather time /effort
Third choice - still yet to be filled...I've a a tub of PdP in the post, or maybe I'm yet to try Cella ....
Pdp is a great soap

Queen Charlette Soaps Esquire
Panna Crema Namaste
Strop Shoppe 1887

these are my current best performers but i've only tried about 20 so far
i'll keep trying more though

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Top Three:

1. La Toja
2. Cade
3. Stirling

Other Three:

1. Tabac
2. Arko
3. VDH

Vintage Three:

1. Williams
2. Old Spice
3. Yardley

Last edited:
I started on my journey though B&B 2 years ago. I saw that people were saving money :lol: and i was getting horrible shaves from my gillette fusion/fusion proglide. Irritation out of the butt to where my neck looked like raw meat (even tho i was 18 years old). I now have 10+ soaps and and 2 creams but ive finally narrowed it down to 3 that I will always keep in my rotation once i finish all of them. The first: Martin de Candre. I first bought Martin de Candre based on the amazing reviews I saw on the forum here about after a year of shaving with a DE. The performance was amazing and nothing like I had ever seen with a shaving soap. The irritation I got from the scented was horrible though, so I sold it on the BST (thank you B&B) and decided to give one last go with the Unscented version... HOMEFRICKENRUN! MDC Unscented, a Gillette Rocket HD, and Super Iridium Blad.. Whew.. Nothing like it. No Irritation, No razor burn, and the Most consistent shaves I've had since i started shaving in 9th grade of high school. So with that being said. There are 2 other soaps that come CLOSE which I will also keep.. So here is my top 3...

1. Martin de Candre Unscented
2. Cella Creama Sapone Extra Extra Purissima
3. Tabac

So guys. Tell me your Top 3!! I love soap! :w00t::w00t:

You and I have similar memories of the Gillette Fusion. Fortunately for both of us, the king is dead. It's likely that the majority who still use it wish they knew of something better. That is where I was for many years. Finally I got mad enough to start searching for an alternative and the search led me to this forum.

Your message about not settling for a soap that irritates your face is an important one. There are so many great soaps out there, there is one for every skin condition. You just have to look for it by reading about the experiences of others.

Since giving up canned goo and gel, the list of soaps is seemingly endless, but I'll narrow it down to two, Cella in the kilo brick and Arko in puck form. These are easy to lather, they last, and provide perfect protection for me while I shave.

Top Bottom