What's new

Naples Italy

I haven't been in Naples in some time. However, Boellis is in Naples. It is a traditional barber shop that sells fragrances. When I was there you could get a traditional straight shave. I don't know if that is the case today. Grocery stores and pharmacies sell some shaving products. Omega brushes and Proraso are found in these stores.

When there, try a real Neopolitan pizza. The food there is incredible.

Most supermarkets in Italy carry Proraso products such as creams, soaps, brushes (made by Omega) & aftershave lotions. And they are CHEAP! Creams & soaps run about $2 for the 150ml tubes & tubs, the brush retails for about $7 as well as the aftershave. You may also find other soaps & creams such as Palmolive.

I haven't been in Naples in some time. However, Boellis is in Naples. It is a traditional barber shop that sells fragrances. When I was there you could get a traditional straight shave. I don't know if that is the case today. Grocery stores and pharmacies sell some shaving products. Omega brushes and Proraso are found in these stores.

When there, try a real Neopolitan pizza. The food there is incredible.

+1000. You really should. Be warned it will ruin pizza for you. Also a caprese salad.

Yes... forgot to mention to eat pizza but the pasta there is unreal as well. I've spoken to many Italians who have visited Napoli and they said the pasta is insane.

I just returned from Naples and will confirm what others have said. City is interesting to explore and food is great. If you like espresso as much as I do you sure are to be impressed. Of course you'll have to try "Baba" as well, my favorite was one with the cream. Finding shaving supplies wasn't my priority, but unless you are huge Proraso fan (I'm not), you will not find much in regular stores and pharmacies.

Yes... forgot to mention to eat pizza but the pasta there is unreal as well. I've spoken to many Italians who have visited Napoli and they said the pasta is insane.

Many good restaurants. I loved the food there. Pasta, fish, veal, chicken, all good.

If you want to find shaving stuff other than Proraso, your best bet is to ask to shops called "Profumerie" (perfumeries). Don't expect miracles though.

My brother lives in Parma and works with quite a few Neapolitans. They LOVE their coffee. According to him, they drink it all day long. LOL!

Well I spent quite a bit of time in northern Italian cities in the past. This time though I had few random shots across different cities in Italy. While espresso tends to be very good at most reputable places in Italy (and Austria, particularly Vienna) most Napoli coffee shops were very consistent in pulling excellent shots.

Naples has many things to offer. Food, wine, opera, beautiful churches, and sites, etc. One thing that did surprise us, however, was the number of Sushi restaurants there.

Thank you gentlemen I shall try out everything you have mentioned above and report back with any goodies I may find.
Sushi apparently is big in Mediterranean countries especially in Spain. I guess they are trying out world food instead of their own. Not that sushi is any bad but I prefer sashimi.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If it was me I'd put visiting Pompeii as top priority, but that's just me. I haven't been there, but it is on the top of my list.

If it was me I'd put visiting Pompeii as top priority, but that's just me. I haven't been there, but it is on the top of my list.
Pompeii is a great place to visit, however I preferred Herculenium. Pompeii was a "working class" port city. Herculenium was a wealthy suburb. Better art and architecture. Also some amazingly well preserved homes.

Both are worth a visit though.

For pizza, by the main train station is a restaurant "Franco Ristorante Pizzeria". It is literally across the street from the train station. Corso Arnaldo Lucci 195
80142 Naples

Have a great trip!

I suggest stopping by some pharmacies and department stores. That is my usual strategy for finding interesting stuff during a trip.

Top Bottom