What's new

Nape of Your Neck

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
I frequently go a while longer between haircuts than a lot of men, 2 months or so isn't uncommon. I do get pretty darn shaggy on the back of my neck which I don't really like. Yes, my lovely bride is happy to take a couple minutes out of her day to help a fellow out, but I'd much rather deal with it myself.

I don't see it discussed elsewhere in the forums, so my question is- what do ya' all do to keep the napes of your necks neat?

I often go three or four months without a hair cut. I shave the back of my neck weekly. Easy to do it myself. So, I never have long hair that requires a clipper.

I use a handheld mirror and some lather with a mild DE razor. Cleans up the back of my neck pretty nicely.

lasta

Blade Biter
I did the "pinch by feel" and scissors in the past. But it always resulted in having to have it fixed by the stylist.

Support local business, get your hair trimmed every 3 weeks. If it helps, buy a membership/annual package. Pre-paying changes my mindset from "having to pay for a haircut again", to already paid, might as well use it.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Straight razor once a week, ATG only. You will soon learn to do it unsighted. Besides, blood provides great slickness.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I hold a mirror in one hand while standing with my back to another mirror. I shave the back of my neck once a week or so with a DE razor, no lather is required, I just shave it dry then splash on some aftershave. Works a treat

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Happens every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I simply paint the lather on the back of my head down almost to the collar line; shave WTG. Repaint; shave ATG (and again when using the Konsul). I extend that around the side of my neck just under my ears.

Bippity-boppity-boo, zip-zap-shabam, abracadabra and Bob's yer uncle.

O.H.

Once or twice a week, after I finish shaving my face (I'm not a head shaver) I apply some leftover lather to my neck and shave one pass from south to north. Occasionally I'll add a west-to-east pass which is against the grain. I've done it this way for over 10 years now so I don't even use my other hand as a guide, it's all muscle memory I guess.

The amazing LOTH does it for me about every 10-14 days. She’ll use a safety razor, but prefers a cartridge. I’m glad to oblige. 😎

Before I change out a blade, I often use it to shave the nape of my neck (using my other hand to stretch the skin).

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I use a disposable razor on the back of my neck.
With age I’m finding the back of the neck, eyebrow and ear hair are on steroids 🤪

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I frequently go a while longer between haircuts than a lot of men, 2 months or so isn't uncommon. I do get pretty darn shaggy on the back of my neck which I don't really like. Yes, my lovely bride is happy to take a couple minutes out of her day to help a fellow out, but I'd much rather deal with it myself.

I don't see it discussed elsewhere in the forums, so my question is- what do ya' all do to keep the napes of your necks neat?
Same here with the haircut schedule. I just keep a disposable razor just for that task. I use straight razors and don't like to shave blind on the back of my neck.

I hold a mirror in one hand while standing with my back to another mirror. I shave the back of my neck once a week or so with a DE razor, no lather is required, I just shave it dry then splash on some aftershave. Works a treat
I do exactly this, but with a Gillette Guard.

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
I use DE razor to shave my entire head, including the back of my neck.

At angles that I can't see through a mirror, I just use hearing, skin feel to guide the shave, and check with my fingertips to decide if a touch-up is needed.

Touch is the largest sensory organ and is more comprehensive than vision.

Top Bottom