What's new

Nanocloth

Hi guys ! Sorry I haven't been here for a while but someone told me about this thread and I just wanted to drop by and say 'Hi!'

---
Ken

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
BTW, I have 0.10um lapping film and it really is no big deal in my opinion. After 0.5um level the honing grit doesn't matter so much as the quality of the steel and the edge geometry and things start to break down with regards to edge retention at that level in my experience.

I have been wanting to try the .1u. Have you tried a light compound bevel with the .1u? I am wondering if a half dozen laps on .1u with a layer of tape (I know, I know, shut up everybody) wouldn't make a sublime edge, and really tame the .3u edge. Same would hold for the nano stuff, actually so I guess that's not off topic. But where did you get your .1u? Apologies, that IS off topic!

Meh ... if it shaves well, who cares what it looks like. Edges are for shaving not oogling. To say nothing of the flaws in his analysis.

What's worse, he has a framed picture of Jim Norton behind him. A funny comedian but the picture says a lot about a guy who'd want it on his wall.

Meh ... if it shaves well, who cares what it looks like. Edges are for shaving not oogling. To say nothing of the flaws in his analysis.

What's worse, he has a framed picture of Jim Norton behind him. A funny comedian but the picture says a lot about a guy who'd want it on his wall.

What are the flaws? I'm not taking up for the guy, but I hardly call what he did an analysis. More of just "this is what I see".

I've never heard of Jim Norton. But you're probably right. He's not to be trusted..............

sheesh..........

My Veho looks the same as his and claims to be 400x....

My first honing attempt at my Wacker and Bismark (both after stropping, no CrOX, this was 12k-linen-leather)... 2nd job was MUCH better but I didn't take pics.

View attachment 247794View attachment 247795

I had the same Veho and to get the highest magnification you have to have the adjuster all the way to 400x side and fine tube within a small range but you also have to have the bevel nearly touching the plastic guard/sleeve thing to get the closeups. It does take some fiddling as he said. I think if you turn the adjustment wheel all the way to the opposite side and fiddle with focusing and the bevel in the very center of the camera lens area nearly touching the plastic you will get a much higher magnification.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
100 laps on crox sounds kinda excessive to me, and his saw edge blade looks more like massive microchipping. His enthusiasm is nice to see. I would suspect his methods will evolve overtime.

I had the same Veho and to get the highest magnification you have to have the adjuster all the way to 400x side and fine tube within a small range but you also have to have the bevel nearly touching the plastic guard/sleeve thing to get the closeups. It does take some fiddling as he said. I think if you turn the adjustment wheel all the way to the opposite side and fiddle with focusing and the bevel in the very center of the camera lens area nearly touching the plastic you will get a much higher magnification.
Ya, the focus and zoom are on the same control...

Here's two images taken at the two points the unit comes into focus with the object up against the clear plastic surrounding the LEDs (I've long since lost the cover)
These were both taken without moving the scope or the object.

$Stamp1.jpg$Stamp2.jpg

Ya, the focus and zoom are on the same control...

Here's two images taken at the two points the unit comes into focus with the object up against the clear plastic surrounding the LEDs (I've long since lost the cover)
These were both taken without moving the scope or the object.

View attachment 248040View attachment 248041
Something seems wrong here. I only used mine with razors. I found playdoh worked well to hold the blade without damage soni could concentrate on focus. Can you do the same thing here but with a razor? Also maybe start another thread or pm me. I know sometimes mine would not hit full power and if I fiddles with the wheel it would. As if something was holding the lense from moving inside or something. Yours could be defective. If you can exchange it I would. I don't want to hijack this thread so pm me if I can help further.

Top Bottom