What's new

Naniwa Gouken 8k NK-2280 vs QA-0358?

I know everyone is confused by Naniwas ever changing product line up and naming conventions but has someone finally been able to figure out if the two 8k stones from the Gouken line are identical?

To be specific, I'm asking about the stones with the product codes NK-2280 vs QA-0358? Both stones have been available for a while and still are.

Both stones are 8k Gouken series. I know that NK-2280 is for export and QA-0358 (Gouken Fuji) is for the Japanese domestic market. The colors of the stones seem to be different on the pictures, also the packaging is not the same. Is the stone/binding different or is the stone the same? I'm really confused, especially since the super stones for export now also seem to be part of the "gouken" line.

Last edited:
The Gouken Kagayaki and Gouken Fuji are not the same stone. The Kagayaki are Super Stones, said to be a harder version but I've not been totally convinced there.
The Gouken Fuji is another thing entirely. Similar style binder but not the same. And seems to be Alundum abrasive but there's a bizillion different possible variations on that theme.

Gouken sorta means 'strong' or 'powerful' in this usage I think - the names are two parts, Gouken Arata, Gouken Kagayaki, Gouken Hayashi, etc, might be others - not sure, but they're all different.

The Gouken Kagayaki and Gouken Fuji are not the same stone. The Kagayaki are Super Stones, said to be a harder version but I've not been totally convinced there.
The Gouken Fuji is another thing entirely. Similar style binder but not the same. And seems to be Alundum abrasive but there's a bizillion different possible variations on that theme.

Gouken sorta means 'strong' or 'powerful' in this usage I think - the names are two parts, Gouken Arata, Gouken Kagayaki, Gouken Hayashi, etc, might be others - not sure, but they're all different.
Thanks for your clarification. This is what I was already suspecting and it's good to have a confirmation. I guess I was confused because they have added the Gouken tag to their super stones and in my head Gouken was only attached to the Hayabusa and Fuji.

Top Bottom