What's new

Nancy Boy (Sandalwood?)

I finished using the two small tubs of NB and have to report that I generally didn't care for it.

As far as scent, I think the Sandalwood is very good. However, the Signature scent is pretty awful as far as I'm concerned. The Signature comes off somewhat like rancid peppermint.

As far as cushion/slickness, it's just not very good. My face was always irritated after shaving with a NB cream. The TOBS and T&H creams I usually use are far superior.

My $0.02.
Man, a “rancid peppermint“ ? That’s horrible. I couldn’t get past the scent if that’s what I smelled - but that’s not what I get - thank goodness. I get a scent out of their signature series that compliments my Martin De Candre “Fougère” like no other, and I absolutely love it! I’m truly sorry that was your experience. Thank goodness you only got the sample sizes.

Personally, I love the Nancy Boy signature scent. I have it in lip balms, regular soap, room freshener, etc. Their shaving cream is good too. Overtime, for my skin, I found that the cream had too much of a drying effect. I had the same reaction to many other wonderful, top shaving creams. Eventually, this led me to shaving soaps. Longer to build a lather ... yada yada ymmv. The creams that never dried out my skin, fwiw: TOBS Avocado, Trumper's Coconut, Proraso Green, Red, Blue (never tried white).

In case people are wondering, the blossomwood scent is no more. Sandalwood replaced it. One of the people at the store told me the last time I visited a few weeks back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, a “rancid peppermint“ ? That’s horrible. I couldn’t get past the scent if that’s what I smelled - but that’s not what I get - thank goodness. I get a scent out of their signature series that compliments my Martin De Candre “Fougère” like no other, and I absolutely love it! I’m truly sorry that was your experience. Thank goodness you only got the sample sizes.

Everyone's schnoz is different. We all pick up scents differently. That's why it's always interesting to see threads with debates on scents, because no one will smell something the same way as someone else.

My primary issue was the lack of cushion/slickness. It just wasn't there for me. Again, I guess everyone's skin is different too.

Top Bottom