What's new

Nancy Boy (Sandalwood?)

Let’s talk Nancy Boy! For those who don’t know, Nancy Boy has been around for a while, and used to be “all that.” Somehow over the past few years they seem to have become drowned out by all the new artisans which is cool, but you’re really missing out if you’ve never tried anything of theirs. Says I lol. :)

They don’t do soap, rather they are purveyors of creams. Whatever you do, don’t ever get the idea that creams aren’t as economical as soaps, a little of their cream goes a long way! And of course, it’s easy to later - especially for all you “hard water” guys.

Anyway, it all started with the Signature Scent for them. It’s freaking awesome! As a mater a fact, a couple three weeks ago I ordered some of their Signature balm to compliment my MDC Fougere - it’s a great combo FYI! Classic, clean and fresh. I’ve never heard anyone say they disliked it.

But it got me thinking again about their Replenishing cream. This is a cream/balm combo that is ... wait for it, genuinely “refreshing.” What’s killer about it, is they don’t use any menthol to achieve it! Of course you have to be ok with a cucumbers scent, because it smells as fresh and is as cool as a cucumber sandwich on a hot summers day lol! It was my summer cream until I discovered mentholated products - which I got into in a large way.

But it’s just a great summer cream and after thinking about it, I decided to order myself my second tub of it (I rarely buy things twice). I however only got the “travel” size. 2oz is plenty big enough, and will last me all summer. I got it, and the balm shipped for $18.00! Seriously gents, I think this is a great way to get into a product.

7ECB2DEC-A9B4-4537-A118-9D33D9F42E2B.jpeg

That was a couple of days ago. Today however, I went to have a look at their site and noticed they are now in the sandalwood game! What!? How did I miss this!?

proxy.php

I LOVE Sandalwood! Anyone try it yet? I’d love to know what Nancy Boy’s take on Sandalwood is. I’d order some and be the beta tester, but i’ve just got so much soap going on right now, I’m going to wait until fall.

Either way, I’m a big fan of their stuff, and no, I’m not a paid shill! Though I really wish I was :)

Talk to us about your experience with Nancy Boy. I love em. You? Anyone try their Sandalwood yet?

Lol!! Well I guess that no one is posting on this thread really speaks to how far off the map Nancy Boy has fallen. It’s really too bad. I’ll review my Nancy Boy products here when I have a chance, but I can already tell you I recommend them.

I didn't know anything about Nancy Boy until someone added a sample of their cream. It had a medicinal/cologne scent to it and I was not a big fan of it. It used it with a boar and the cream disappeared on my face. 100%.

I used it as brushless cream and it worked well. But after contacting the owner, he said that it works well with a brush.

So I used a synthetic with the cream and boy, does it perform well. Creams in general does not like boars/badgers in my case but it does wonders with synthetics. Nancy Boy cream is probably one of the best performing creams for me. However, I have a lot of other soaps as well that have better price/oz ratio so it's not a must for me. But overall, a very nice cream for daily use.

I’m a fan— I was in their store a few weeks ago and didn’t see this scent. Thanks for sharing! Let us know how you like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably great stuff.
Hard to get past the name though...
How many men want their friends to see "Nancy Boy" products in their medicine cabinet?

Probably great stuff.
How many men want their friends to see "Nancy Boy" products in their medicine cabinet?
How many men's friends look in their medicine cabinets?

NB is great. I love the shaving cream and the aftershave gel. I'm not too keen on the blossomwood scent, but like the signature and the rejuvenating scents.

Highly recommend the product.

One of the best creams available. If they still shipped to Canada, I'd use it exclusively. Of all the products I have 3017'd, it ranks as one of the best

As for Sandalwood, I haven't tried it and don't care for it. I love their signature and replenishing.

Last edited:
I'm not a big cream user but NB is one I'll have as long as Eric makes it. Eric said in the email I received that the cream uses 100% Sandalwood oil. I plan on getting a tub. And probably some soaps. They're great too.

Probably great stuff.

How many men's friends look in their medicine cabinets?

I laughed so hard! Aside from that, if those friends DO look in your “medicine cabinet” and see your cream called Nancy Boy, well if they become concerned about your sexuality, well... Well maybe, just maybe you should stop wearing halter tops and thongs all about the place! Ha ha! Seriously your friends would have to be really homophobic to make that kind of leap.

I guess I just don’t associate someone’s sexuality by the products they use. That would mean everyone who ever enjoyed Elton John or Queen was guy. I mean no one who knows me is ever going to judge my sexuality because i’ve got Nancy Boy product. And no one is going to shame me out of listening to Queen.

I guess it is what it is - my creams come tomorrow. Pretty excited.

@Earcutter
The NancyBoy stigma has been around since I joined, and you as well. For the record, the owner is openly Gay. My wife laughs when I used to receive packages of "cosmetics" from "NancyBoy" in the mail. I can't see how you won't fall instantly in love with ANY of their products. Their bath bars are awesome as well.

I am straight and using NancyBoy hasn't made me gay, so I'm comfortable using it and recommending it. They don't get a lot of forum discussion as they aren't vendors, which is cool with me too. They keep their noses clean and out of shave drama and pass on good prices to their customers by keeping their products in house and out of big box stores too.

We shouldn't care what the makers do in their bedroom and they shouldn't could care what we do in ours.

They make an excellent product. That's all that should matter.

Last edited:
What’s the issue with shipping to Canada anyway? I didn’t know it was such an issue.

I don't know for certain, but the vendor stopped shipping to Canada many years ago.
I'm guessing the hassle wasn't worth it, and I can't blame him.
Anyone else able to clarify?

I don't know for certain, but the vendor stopped shipping to Canada many years ago.
I'm guessing the hassle wasn't worth it, and I can't blame him.
Anyone else able to clarify?
Yup. Cost and missing parcels that weren't insured. I asked as soon as they stopped and believe that was the issue, from what I remember.

Insured shipping from USA to CAD is expensive.

It’s been a while since I 3017 NB, but I can highly recommend it. Their AS Balm is also superb. Shame they don’t get more play here.

I'm new to this shaving forum, so I'm seeing a lot of brands I'm not as familiar with. I didn't spend much time in the soap section of the forum though so I'm sure I missed a lot.
Certainly lots of makers right now and hopefully that is pushing them to create the best products possible!

I'm new to this shaving forum, so I'm seeing a lot of brands I'm not as familiar with. I didn't spend much time in the soap section of the forum though so I'm sure I missed a lot.
Certainly lots of makers right now and hopefully that is pushing them to create the best products possible!
It’s a great time to be into wet shaving that’s for sure.

Top Bottom