What's new

Nancy Boy Hand Lotion

Gents, it is hard to get really psyched about a hand lotion. but this stuff is just phenomenal. Wintertime around here, plus constant hand washing (kids, ya know) really takes a toll on my hands. It is not unusual for them to get so dry that they actually crack. Very painful indeed. Every evening before bedtime I like to give them a good moisturizing. Also another chance to add some scent into your life. :wink:

I picked this up from Nancy Boy in the "Sweetgrass" scent. In a nutshell, this stuff is the single best hand lotion I have ever come across. What makes it so good? It is the fastest absorbed moisturizer I have ever come across. There is nothing worse than applying some stuff to yor hands and having them stay greasy. Yuck. Inside of a minute or two, this stuff is sucked into your skin like no tomorrow, leaving them very well moisturized.

And the scent? It is so intense that my wife can smell it across the room when I apply it, and it lingers for literally hours. the "sweetgrass" to me smells like lemon verbena - not sure what is really in it. This also comes in their signature scent (like the shave cream, mint/rosemary/lavender) and a rose-based scent. It is also reasonably priced at $15 for a full 8 oz. This stuff has displaced my workaday Em's lotions, which is saying a lot.

Guys -

I just received my first Nancy Boy order. I ordered the "Fem" perfume for my wife (who loves it, BTW). It comes packed in a small box filled with dried roses. Really classy packaging that can pull double duty as a potpurrie.

For me, I ordered the shaving "kit" that includes full sized cream, travel cream, A/S lotion and pre-shave oil.

To my surprise, they included a VERY nice, rather relaxing music CD as well as an EXTRA travel size cream (which is very generously sized as-is) and ALSO a full sized bar of their bath soap!!! I couldn't believe the freebies.

They have just won a devoted customer. WOW. I can't wait to play with this batch of goodies in the morning.

Well, based on Scotto's review I received the Sweetgrass scented hand lotion.

This is some EXCELLENT stuff. It is amazing in how well it absorbs. The smell is also intense, but my wife and I both like it. I don't know as I like it better than Em's Exotic Butter Cream... But considering that's my holy grail of lotions, this Nancy Boy cream is TOP NOTCH!!

There is absolutely NO greasy feeling after a very short time (I can not stand lotions that leave you not being able to hold a drinking glass for an hour...:incazzato ).

Now I get to try the shampoo and conditioner! :wink:

I have been using loccitane hand cream which is superb but does leave your hands greasy for quite some time and isnt the best price.....Ill throw this in my order with them.

I continue to love the NB hand lotion. As previously mentioned,the Sweetgrass scent is incredibly intense, and lingers a while. In my latest order, I figured I would pick up a bottle of the lotion in their "signature" scent, figuring that like the shave cream scent, it would be less intense.

Boy was I wrong. The scent is like the shave cream on steroids - intense lavender, mint, and rosemary. Very relaxing. Not what I expected, but very nice indeed.

I also have the NB "Sweetgrass" scented hand lotion. Scotto is right about this stuff being great. I started with the NB signature fragrance that SWMBO and I didn't like at all - I gave that one away at work. I want to try the Citrus next.

They are a great outfit to deal with, lots of good sized samples with every order. I also had an order of hand cream delivered partially open, about a third of the contents were spread out in the carton. I notified NB with an email, basically so they could change their shipping procedures. I recieved a whole new hand cream with a nice hand written letter explaining how they have changed the way they ship - great service.

Cliff

I'm actually a bit disapopinted with it. It smells really great, and absorbs quickly. But it doesn't seem to retain moisture for as long as cheaper stuff or even the taylor of old. Within a few hours I can feel my hands starting to dry out a bit, and the webby area between my finger and thumbs starts to get noticeably dry by the end of the day.

I should note that this may be understandable since I wash my hands a couple times a day and sometimes sanitize with purell. Perhaps the other lotions are a little too greasy and moisturizing.

On the up side, the smell lingers for almost 12 hours.

Is it normal to have to apply this stuff a few times a day? Maybe I'm expecting too much.

TAsunder said:
I'm actually a bit disapopinted with it. It smells really great, and absorbs quickly. But it doesn't seem to retain moisture for as long as cheaper stuff or even the taylor of old. Within a few hours I can feel my hands starting to dry out a bit, and the webby area between my finger and thumbs starts to get noticeably dry by the end of the day.

I should note that this may be understandable since I wash my hands a couple times a day and sometimes sanitize with purell. Perhaps the other lotions are a little too greasy and moisturizing.

On the up side, the smell lingers for almost 12 hours.

Is it normal to have to apply this stuff a few times a day? Maybe I'm expecting too much.
I have one at home and one at work. I usually use the one at work twice during the day. Figuring that you may wash your hands a couple of times during the day, it's not unreasonable to re-apply at least once.

Cliff

I had to take this stuff home. I work in an office building where there are like 2 people out of hundreds who claim to be extremely sensitive to odors. There are signs outside of our workplace saying, I kid you not, that scented lotions, perfumes, colognes, or deodorant are not allowed.

Is there any other kind of deodorant?

Anyway several people mentioned that they could smell the sweetgrass lotion, and my manager was asked to send a "reminder" about the fragrance policy.

I'm now back to using Taylor of Old bond Street. It doesn't have any shea butter but it seems to be as good or slightly better at moisturizing. The main drawback is that it, like most lotions, has a bit of a waxy feeling to it.

It's too bad NB doesn't make unscented.

Anyway several people mentioned that they could smell the sweetgrass lotion, and my manager was asked to send a "reminder" about the fragrance policy.

You may want to try the Jack Black hand lotion. It's a little pricey at $14 for 3 oz. (http://www.getjackblack.com/jb/catalog.nsf/processorform?createdocument&action=viewproduct&request=Y&unid=049375F851F21A6086256A15006C4FEF&loc=c), but it's got a barely noticeable odor and absorbs real quick with no greasy kid stuff on the hands.

Their deodorant is virtually scent-free as well (just enough so you notice :thumbup1: )

You know I was thinking about your whole ridiculous office policy this morning during my Saturday AM shave (which by the way is the most leisurely and enjoyable shave of the week, with Sunday being a close 2d (Sunday would be tied for first, but it always has Monday darkening its future). Unheard for me to even think of shaving on week-ends past!)

But back to your office politics.:incazzato

What would the office policy be if folks decided not to bathe at all :lol: , administered no external fragrances (in the interest of adhering to policy :tongue_sm ), and had their own personal, tree-hugging aromas wafte throughout the office :a38: ?

Makes me want to smart smoking again :a39:

It's the same question I often ask, in my head anyway. I suppose the theory is that Body Odor and even strong-smelling food does not trigger the same response. I don't really know, it's very strange.

Top Bottom