What's new

Nancy Boy customer service

Whilst looking over some of my more recent posts, I realised that whilst I had been bemoaning the profiteering attitude of HM Customs and Excise and the Royal Mail that I may have inadvertently given the impression that the Nancy Boy products I received were included in my ranting. This could not be further from the truth; whilst the other items I had ordered were shipped by USPS and were held up for ages by Customs, Nancy Boy shipped using FedEx and I got their package here in England only three days after ordering it. They also included a bar of their body soap in signature scent free of charge.
I am sure that anybody who has already shopped with Nancy Boy will be well aware of their excellent service, but I just wanted to affirm how highly I rate them and clear up any confusion I may have inadvertently caused.
In conclusion, Nancy Boy are a plesure to do business with and I will definitely be shopping with them again in the future.
Warm regards,
Alex

I say this in every post I respond to about NB products. They are a fantastic company to deal with and are VERY generous with their samples. My latest order, I ordered a three pack of their Signature Scent soap bars (which are fantastic) and a travel tub of their shave cream. They included a bottle of shampoo and facial cleanser. Excellent company and great products.

Thanks for the reply. I haven't used any of the products yet, after the beating my face took from the Futur I've been sticking to a safer, more familiar set up. However, patience has never been a virtue of mine and the NB products shall be taken for their maiden voyage tomorrow.
Warm regards,
Alex

Lets just say that I firmly believe that the Nightmare on Elm Street films would have been scarier if Freddy Krueger had been wielding a couple of Merkur Futurs.
Warm regards,
Alex

Alex,

The Futur can be aggresive..How long u been using it? It's very similar to the Vision in it's aggressiveness. It is/can be very aggressive. What's your setup? What setting is it on? You apply no pressure? Hows the prep work?
The futur is a great razor and can be tweaked to be perfect, all the time.

Hi justso,
Don't get me wrong I am not criticising the Futur. The damage occured when I went back to using the Futur after a week or so with an HD, and for some reason my technique with the Futur was completely off. It wasn't just the nicks it caused, but the fact that I couldn't manoeuvre it at all; it just kept skipping and stuttering. I blamed this on the fact that I started with the Futur and got the HD afterwards, because it was so much lighter than the Futur I modifed my technique (had to apply a lot more pressure with the HD because it's so lightweight in comparison) I had always been very conscious of the no pressure principle when using the Futur, but I guess I got it a little wrong the last time I used it. Consequently I am a little reluctant to go back to it.
As for my setup, I have the Futur on a setting of 4 with a Merkur blade (I have since fallen in love with the Feather blades though) If you have read any of my other posts then you will no doubt know that my prep work is often inadequate and my results can suffer accordingly, althought this was the same when I first started with the Futur so I don't see that as a significant factor in the shave from hell I had with the Futur the last time I used it.
I agree with everything you say about the Futur, and even if I go on to find a razor that is perfectly suited to my needs, I will still have a sentimental attachment to the Futur because it was my first DE.
Warm regards,
Alex

Alex,

Cool deal man, I'm sure you have things under control. I was just looking to help out..I really want to soon, but I've not tried the Feather blades, but I'm sure they're excellent. When I quit using the Merkur blades, my shave quality went thru the roof. But I'm looking to change blades again.

Hope your shaves improve! Don't give up on the Futur. :redface:

Top Bottom