What's new

Nancy Boy Cusomer Service

Guys,

Last Sunday (the 4th) I ordered a couple of tubs of Nancy Boy Shaving Cream and a bar of their bath soap (www.nancyboy.com). FedEx delivered it yesterday, and rather than leave it in the office, they tossed it on my balcony. Generally, that would be okay, except that when I got home, the temperature was literally 0, with a wind chill of -11. I have to assume the cream had been in these extreme temps for a minimun of 5-6 hours, and based on deliveries in the past closer to 8 hours. Needless to say, I now had shaving cream popsicles. Frozen solid. I emailed Eric Roos at Nancy Boy, and this morning got a response:

"Hi there and thanks for your note. You know, we've never had this issue come up before (!) so just to be on the safe side, we're going to send out replacement shave creams to you today, and request that FedEx get a signature for delivery rather than leave them on the porch (they don't know what they're delivering, so they assume it doesn't matter if it freezes...).

Do let us know if once you thaw and use the product you were already sent, there is no discernible difference from what we re-send, as that would be interesting to know!

Eric Roos
Co-Founder

Nancy Boy, Inc.
347 Hayes Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
415 552-3802"

I am impressed. I really expected the response to say, let them thaw, try the cream, and let us know. This is a company that knows how to take care of their customers.

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
Guys,

Last Sunday (the 4th) I ordered a couple of tubs of Nancy Boy Shaving Cream and a bar of their bath soap (www.nancyboy.com). FedEx delivered it yesterday, and rather than leave it in the office, they tossed it on my balcony. Generally, that would be okay, except that when I got home, the temperature was literally 0, with a wind chill of -11. I have to assume the cream had been in these extreme temps for a minimun of 5-6 hours, and based on deliveries in the past closer to 8 hours. Needless to say, I now had shaving cream popsicles. Frozen solid. I emailed Eric Roos at Nancy Boy, and this morning got a response:

"Hi there and thanks for your note. You know, we've never had this issue come up before (!) so just to be on the safe side, we're going to send out replacement shave creams to you today, and request that FedEx get a signature for delivery rather than leave them on the porch (they don't know what they're delivering, so they assume it doesn't matter if it freezes...).

Do let us know if once you thaw and use the product you were already sent, there is no discernible difference from what we re-send, as that would be interesting to know!

Eric Roos
Co-Founder

Nancy Boy, Inc.
347 Hayes Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
415 552-3802"

I am impressed. I really expected the response to say, let them thaw, try the cream, and let us know. This is a company that knows how to take care of their customers.

Randy
That is great, Randy. I have to say that the simplest acts of customer service can have massive impact on how likely people are to order again, recommend products to friends, etc. Given that, it is shocking how infrequently you see good service nowadays. Hats off to Nancy Boy!

Randy,
That's always good to hear.. I have spoken to Eric on the phone and found that he is both personable and very business savvy...

Hello All,

I agree with the great customer service. I like the minty cream and minty body wash so far. Will be ordering shampoo, facial cleanser, body moisturizer and hair gel next time.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

I am thinking about pulling the trigger also.

If you mix Nancy Boy products with something like D.R. Harris, does a rent in the fabric of time & space appear, sucking us all into a vortex of anti-matter? :confused:

I sent the folks at Nancy Boy a note regarding the use of parabens in their products. I know the jury is out on these preservatives, but I try and minimize the amount of junk that is in the products I buy. I got a quick response from the founder of the company, listed below. I thought others might be interested.

Kudos to Eric for the quick answer and thoughtful response.

Scott:

Hi there and thanks for your note. Yes, we do use a small amount of
parabens in several of our products, including ones that you have
purchased (each package has a full ingredients list on it, so you'll
see exactly what's in it when you receive your shipment). As you
mention, unless you're basically willing to refrigerate these types
of products, there's a need for some level of preservatives. We try
and minimize the levels of the icky stuff by using natural things
like Vitamin E, but overdoing it on ingredients like that can also be
hard on the skin, so it's all a balancing act. By eliminating all
artificial colors and fragrances from our products, we've gone a long
way towards, as you say, "minimizing the junk" in our customer's (and
our!) lives.

We really hope you like what you purchased. However, if you have any
questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.
And thanks for your business--we appreciate it.

Eric Roos
Co-Founder

Nancy Boy, Inc.
347 Hayes Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
415 552-3802

Eric is very responsive to his customers. I invited him to post in the shopping forum, and my only disappointment in dealing with Nancy Boy is that he has elected not to post. However, I'm sure this is a busy time of the year for Eric and his company, and possible we will see something from him in the future.

Now, as far as the frozen shaving cream, vs. the "fresh" replacements he sent out. I found that the frozen cream takes about twice as much product to lather for a full shave, and the scent is not as pronounced. I could probably have lived with using more cream, but that scent is a must!!!

Great products!

Randy

Top Bottom