What's new

Name a song or Album That Rocked your World

U2 War first time I listened to it was on break in College dorm.
Didn't think anyone was around and blasted it.
A girl quite attractive came by to tell me to turn it down.
Well the long and short is that I ended up
Will never forget that Album!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Avi

Came out at a time in my life when things were "interesting" and I could put on my head phones (yes connected (wire) to the Technics Hi-Fi ,not wi-fi) and escape into the future,.... maybe I will do that tonight as well.....

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Led Zeppelin I
Led Zeppelin II
Led Zeppelin III
Led Zeppelin IV
Houses of the Holy

Also any of the stuff that the 100K megawatt WKDF used to play back in the day when I was growing up in middle TN. Floyd, Skynyrd, Allman Bros, Eagles, CCR, Journey, Styx, The Police, Speedwagon, Def Leopard, Foreigner, Van Halen, Bon Jovi, early Guns & Roses.....all those staples of rock FM Radio Play in the 70s & 80s.

I used to listen to Houses of the Holy and Appetite for Destruction on cassette EVERY day on my drive to/from high school.....

Last edited:

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
U2 War first time I listened to it was on break in College dorm.
Didn't think anyone was around and blasted it.
A girl quite attractive came by to tell me to turn it down.
Well the long and short is that I ended up
Will never forget that Album!

One of U2's best ever efforts for sure. Amazing album. Makes me want to go crank up "The Refugee" right now.....

1585597067654.png

Boston by Boston. I was at that age where music started to be a meaningful part of my life, when music started playing a part of what I saw as my identity. I loved the cover art and its whole concept. The opening song just blew my mind at the time and nothing else on the remainder of the album let me down. I loved this album and it got a lot of play in my parents basement whether playing pool, ping pong or just sitting around and listening.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
I remember being very intrigued by Pink Floyd and the whole "concept album" thing they were doing with Dark Side, Wish You Were Here, & The Wall. Mind blowing that an album was supposed to be listened to that way, from front to back and it was one continuous song that told a story...... I know the Beatles probably started it with Sgt Pepper and what not, but Floyd just seemed to take it to another level.

I'm a big Ray Lamontagne fan and he's recently done the same thing with Ouroboros & Part of the Light. If you haven't listened to Ouroboros, I suggest you drop what you are doing and listen to it RIGHT NOW, front to back.... amazing album......

Oh, so many! Do I go with George Harrison's All Things Must Pass album for showing me music can make you feel like more than just dancing? Or Dire Straits Love Over Gold for insane musicianship?

Nope, I'm going to have to go with the obvious. In 1993 when my buddy called me up and told me to put on MTV! "RIGHT THE [bad word] NOW!" Nirvana's Smells Like Teen Spirit. You don't have to have artistry, have 27 piece orchestras behind you, cram 187 notes in a measure, or wear makeup to sound really freaking good. Seeing them was such a refreshing slap in the face to the Slashes and Poisons and Bon Jovis that came before.

For albums, it would have to be Signals by Rush. Totally knocked me for a loop, and I could listen to Subdivisions on a loop.

For songs, it would be Terrapin Station by the Dead. I was fortunate to have seen it live twice, but was grabbed by the lapels by the studio recording. Even my 11 year old loves it.

Top Bottom