What's new

Nacet vs. Perma-Sharp

Nacets in my Krona work like a dream in others they feel a bit bitey. Perma-Sharps are a staple and work in nearly every razor for me.

I wouldn’t have placed the Platinums (light blue/dark blue) ahead of Nacets in terms of sharpness but the discontinued Gillette Stainless and the Wizamet.

I really, really like both the Nacet and Perma-Sharp blades. I am not sure I can tell them apart. On the other hand, some of the other sharper Gillette blades didn't work as well for me, like the Platinum.

Other thoughts?
Parma-Sharp is my go to blade. Works grate in every razor I have used it in. I just got some Nacet blades. They seem to work really well in some razor. They are a little softer. They will not be replacing my Perma-sharp, but they are quite good.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
That's weird, the Permasharp were always rather Permadull and very mild for me, but didn't cut as nicely. :eek2:
Hmm... I usually shave with a steep angle. My experience was quite different to that of the OP and I am wondering why. But it's shaving, so much YMMV.

Gillette Platinum: There seem to be quite some Platinums, not all are made in St. Petersburg. But I have them in good memory, but didn't use them for a while.

That's weird, the Permasharp were always rather Permadull and very mild for me, but didn't cut as nicely. :eek2:
Hmm... I usually shave with a steep angle. My experience was quite different to that of the OP and I am wondering why. But it's shaving, so much YMMV.

Gillette Platinum: There seem to be quite some Platinums, not all are made in St. Petersburg. But I have them in good memory, but didn't use them for a while.
I’m talking about the PPI offering for the Turkish market but there are others as well.

ABBD358E-9EAD-40CB-8E13-0094BDDC78A8.jpeg

I've never particularly gotten along well with the Nacets but I may retry them in the future. I really already have a ton of well-behaved Gillettes so I don't absolutely need to find another one. The Perma-Sharps are a favorite of mine, however and lately have been fairly inexpensive of the Big River website so I've loaded up.

** This is not a knock on Nacets. They just have never felt really comfy to me so I don't force this issue. I know lots of people like them.

Last edited:
I'll admit that I've never used a Perma-sharp, but to beat out a Nacet, they would have to be pretty darn good IMO.
Of the blades I've used over the years, only GSBs come close. But then, I haven't used them all. But I've used most of the ones most frequently mentioned as great blades on B&B, and Nacets remain my favorite.

Last edited:
I wasn't as much trying to make this a head-to-head, but instead to see if others find the Nacet and the Perma-Sharp to be very similar.

Top Bottom