What's new

Nacet Stainless DE blade Review

I'd agree with you though on almost any Indian blade not stacking up to to any Russian, whether it's a 365, Super-Max, or a "Gillette" Wilkinson Sword. I've yet to have an Indian blade wow me in any way, which seems odd (I was always under the impression that South Asian men had ridiculously thick and fast growing facial hair). They must not be using the Indian blades...

365's have been the first (and only) blade from India that made it to the top of my list. Don't know why, don't know how, but they did. I've tried every flavor of supermax and even those gillette wilkinson swords but nothing ever panned out except for those.

You've got to be kidding if you are
Saying either of these is In the same
League as GSB's ..

Yeah, sputniks are made in the same factory.

Last edited:
I like the Nacets a lot.
They're sharp and smooth.
But the Astra blues deliver a shave just as good as them.
Overall for me the Astra is better.
Econo wise I mean.

I like the Nacets a lot.
They're sharp and smooth.
But the Astra blues deliver a shave just as good as them.
Overall for me the Astra is better.
Econo wise I mean.

Interesting... I had an amazing shave with a Nacet, close, smooth and irritation free, then another which was close and smoothish but left me with some razor burn which i'd describe as that feeling of "i shaved this morning and i shouldn't rub my sensitive spots ATG till the evening"...

I'd agree that the Astra Blues deliver as good of a shave, but they tug a bit on the first pass.. once you're passed the tugging they get close and i've found them very very smooth leaving me with no burn or irritation at all.

I just got a Tuck yesterday. My shave today was fine & it was sharp & fairly smooth. Chin & neck area was a 4 out of 5. I got some slight neck irritation though. No tugging was noted which is good. Overall it was a DFS. The Gillette Silver Blue is a better & smoother IMO. As always YMMV with any blade. I will not be buying the Nacet Stainless blade again.
I have read so much about this blade on this forum that I thought I would try it. I bought a pack of them and found them to be a pretty good blade in most of my razors. There are still too many blades which I think are better for my face, so I won't be purchasing them again. I will say that I used one in my PAA bakelite open comb slant and really got nicked up. Bad pairing, never again.

There are different, and confusing blades with the "Super Max" name.

Do not confuse this blade:
SuperMax Platinum

With this blade.
SuperMax Blue Diamond Titanium

The Super Max Blue Diamond Titanium I consider the equal of Polsilver SI at nearly 1/2 the cost. The other, not so much...
I know this is an old thread, however, now that some time has passed, do you still hold the SuperMax Blue Diamond Titanium equal to PolSilver SI? I'm scouring the Earth in search of the coveted PolSilvers at a reasonable price as I've never used one before. The SM Blue Diamond T's are in the mail on the way to me. I found a great deal on the bay.

Just curious if your opinion has changed since 2017. Many thanks.

There is no reason to overpay for Polsilver SI blades. They have been rebranded and now are sold under the Wizamet SI name. You can buy them here Wizashave

Exactly. Ordered a little while ago from them and hoping to test those out for comparison once I receive them. Their pricing is pretty good too.

But for me the Perma Sharps out of St. Petersburg are right there with the PolSilver SIs. You can get a 100 pack for $12-$13. A no brainer.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I know this is an old thread, however, now that some time has passed, do you still hold the SuperMax Blue Diamond Titanium equal to PolSilver SI? I'm scouring the Earth in search of the coveted PolSilvers at a reasonable price as I've never used one before. The SM Blue Diamond T's are in the mail on the way to me. I found a great deal on the bay.

Just curious if your opinion has changed since 2017. Many thanks.

In razors with gap like my NEW SC and Slim yeah, they're virtually the same to me. In My Fatip Grande that has far less gap however they arent even close.

Buy the Wizamets as suggested above.

In razors with gap like my NEW SC and Slim yeah, they're virtually the same to me. In My Fatip Grande that has far less gap however they arent even close.

Thank you. Do you know if the SuperMax Blue Diamond are still in production? I've seen mixed messages saying yes and know. Your thoughts. Planning ahead to load up if you say yes. Thanks in advance.

Its odd, I bought a 100 of these. The first blade in the first pack was absolute trash, way beyond YMMV, it didn't shave anything.

I will pick a random pack and try another blade, maybe QC issue? Who knows. In the end, I will try 3 at random and if they are all trash, in the bin it goes.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Thank you. Do you know if the SuperMax Blue Diamond are still in production? I've seen mixed messages saying yes and know. Your thoughts. Planning ahead to load up if you say yes. Thanks in advance.

I dont know if they're still being made or have been rebranded. I just checked Connaught Shaving and it appears they no longer carry them.

If you like the blade, buy them if and while you can.

Nacet's are one of my go-to blades. They taught me there's a difference between thinking I'm not applying pressure when shaving and not applying pressure as a matter of fact. If I do my part, they give me a superb shave. Let my mind wander a bit, letting the pressure creep up, and I'll be reminded with a "warm" face for the next several hours.

My SuperMax Blue Diamond Titaniums showed up. The each pack is wrapped in in plastic. I noticed a strong chemical smell when I took the plastic off one of the small boxes. Almost a gasoline like smell. I'm guessing its from the ink?? I took all of the blades out and thankfully the blades and blade wrappers do not smell. It's just the box.

This is my first SuperMax purchase so I don't know if this is normal. It doesn't smell like mold or musky and there is no rust on the blades. The blades look fine.

Do you recall having the same strong chemical smell? It's not a faint smell. It's pretty strong and noticeable when you take off the plastic. Kinda hits you in the face.

Your thoughts. Thanks

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
My SuperMax Blue Diamond Titaniums showed up. The each pack is wrapped in in plastic. I noticed a strong chemical smell when I took the plastic off one of the small boxes. Almost a gasoline like smell. I'm guessing its from the ink?? I took all of the blades out and thankfully the blades and blade wrappers do not smell. It's just the box.

This is my first SuperMax purchase so I don't know if this is normal. It doesn't smell like mold or musky and there is no rust on the blades. The blades look fine.

Do you recall having the same strong chemical smell? It's not a faint smell. It's pretty strong and noticeable when you take off the plastic. Kinda hits you in the face.

Your thoughts. Thanks

My Titaniums were sent to me in tucks by a member here and then my nephew sent me a few tucks of Patinums. My tucks have no smell, that I noticed.

Only the smell of Tabac has hit me in the face so far haha. Maybe ink, maybe how the cardboard tucks were manufactured. I wouldnt worry about it.

The nacet is a very nice blade in some of my tame razors would probably scare the .... out of me in my futul which runs smoothly on gsb and so far nothing else.

Top Bottom