What's new

Nacet & Silver Blue lovers, which is better for you?

I like the nacet because the blade is thicker. But i like the perma-Sharp more. Its smoother.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G531F met Tapatalk

I had my fourth shave tonight with the first Nacet I've ever tried. Razor is a new Fatip Piccolo. IDK whether to credit the blade or the razor, but the combination has been terrific for me. The blade seems to be smoothing out nicely. I'm thinking Nacet could be a new top-tier blade for me.

Never tried a GSP but I hope to at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nacet here too. GSB are good for the head shave, but for a good face shave, I prefer the Nacet. No huge wax spots on those Nacet blades either.

I like and order both in bulk, but the Silver Blues are so smooth I use them a bit more often.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

very comparable. I have only used one nacet blade and found it to be very good, comparable to GSB. Have not decided which I like better.

For pure closeness I like Feather, but have to keep excellent technique to avoid a bloodbath

I found an awesome combo today: Parker Variant razor on setting 3.5 with a Nacet. Very good blade indeed! Neck & neck with GSB!

"Tastes filling! Less great! Tastes filling! Less great!"

Actually, I prefer the Nacet to the GSB . . . but there's very little difference between all the St. Petersburg Gillettes that I can tell - all in the good to very good range. The PPI blades that stood out from the pack for me were the Polsilver SI (excellent) and the Sputnik (execrable).

Both are nice. I only used one GSB and have 4 more. May have to be my next blade after I wear out the Astra I just loaded. I liked it as a first impression

I can't get near as many shaves with a nacet and they start off by pulling but get better. I like voskhod over nacet. I have 100 nacets so I use them.

Not much different between them, although I think I only had 2 GSBs to try. The only perceivable difference I noted in some razors was the Nacet seemed a tad sharper, but the GSB was slightly smoother feeling. They both work well for me, but then I find I can shave with almost any DE blade and get a good to great shave, with only two exceptions......Tiger Carbon Steel (with just the three holes), which was by far the roughest, most tugging, and dullest blade I ever tried. (I pulled the blade after 2-3 strokes of the razor, it was that bad). The other was an Original Derby Extra blade, which when new was like trying to stretch out one more shave, when you shouldn't have.

Keep in mind I have a graying, stiff, rather coarse beard now, and tend to use/buy blades on the sharper side, and favor the Nacet, Feather, KAI, Astra (good cheap blade), Pol-Silvers, Rapira Platinum Lux, and the like. The 'softer' Voskhod and regular Rapira, and lesser blades don't always cut it.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I found an awesome combo today: Parker Variant razor on setting 3.5 with a Nacet. Very good blade indeed! Neck & neck with GSB!
Happy blades, happy to have and use them. There is not a lot of difference but the GSB starts out smother on the first shave a little better most times.

ALL OF YOU GUYS crack me up.. I agree with most that the Russian blades are basically the same. Of all the blades that I have, I couldn't tell the difference one way or the other BUT ?? Some of the blades have better graphics and color combinations than other do. It's all about the style and presentation for me.

p.s. I reckon there are few who remember the "Less Filling"!! "Tastes Great"!! commercials? MillerLite? LOL

Oh, and p.s. & p.s. I have a Gillette 'Made in England' New Improved that I can load with anything 'fwiw' and get a "world class shave". NS ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom