What's new

Nacet & Silver Blue lovers, which is better for you?

IMG_0236.JPG
Old Colt 45 spots with the man at the table in the ocean with the shark circling him? Jimmy Breslin for Piels cause it's a good drinkin beer. At 99 cents a 6. NYers should remember this place. 12 cents a can. Go hack after a 6 of Bohack!

Last edited:
But the brew in the can is not truly representative of the picture. That stuff was vile and had a Blatz like frat house basement quality to it. Schaefer and Ballantine along with Rheingold were NYC beers.

But the brew in the can is not truly representative of the picture. That stuff was vile and had a Blatz like frat house basement quality to it. Schaefer and Ballantine along with Rheingold were NYC beers.

Ah yes, Ballantine Ale, my first taste of a true Ale, I was 19 years old in New York City across the street from Grand Central Station. Life was good. :)

Did you ever notice the likeness between razor blades and beer? There are many different brands and yet most all of them are good. ;)

Ah yes, Ballantine Ale, my first taste of a true Ale, I was 19 years old in New York City across the street from Grand Central Station. Life was good. :)
When I got out of college and commuted with
My Dad, they sold Bally on the train. I would get two 16 oz cans for 4 bucks and get gassed out in the bar car. Not anymore. I still like Genesee Cream Ale. Used to be a buck nine for a 6 when I was 13

Ah yes, good analogy! Hey, on a hot day, even a cold Bohack would be nice.
I cannot deny that! Even Carling Black Label slug bait beer can taste great ice cold on a hot day. My Dad used to by that stuff for the tomato patch to keep out slugs. I would pilfer a few bottles at age 12 or 13 and enjoy myself. Then I learned that beer should taste better and drank real stuff.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I love GSB over everything I've tried so far. My top 3 favorites look like this: GSB>Feather>Kai. Been reading about Nacet but haven't tried any yet.

For all those who love GSB & Nacet, which do you like better & why?
Buy both blades because they are so close to a perfect blade for smoothness and sharpness and they last for great shaves, I get between 5-8 shaves on 2 1/2 pass shaves on either one.

Both are excellent blades, but Nacet edges* it for me by a whisker^ because it feels smooth straight out of the wrapper whereas the GSB needs a few passes to setle down.

* See what I did there?
^ And again?

Just had my 5th shave with a Nacet. Spectacular! Slightly smoother and longer lasting than my beloved GSB and 7oclock Yellows.

I tried the Nacets using an entire tuck and found they just were not as smooth and comfortable for me as the Gillette Silver Blues. Currently my two go to blades are Gillette Silver Blue and Voskhod. I did try a Polsilver SI today and got an amazingly close and very comfortable weeper free shave. I am going to chalk it up to the fact that I had not shaved since Friday and I usually get a great shave regardless what I use when I have gone a couple days without shaving. So, I'm going to keep using the Polsilver SI and see if subsequent shaves end up being as good.

I tried the Nacets using an entire tuck and found they just were not as smooth and comfortable for me as the Gillette Silver Blues. Currently my two go to blades are Gillette Silver Blue and Voskhod. I did try a Polsilver SI today and got an amazingly close and very comfortable weeper free shave. I am going to chalk it up to the fact that I had not shaved since Friday and I usually get a great shave regardless what I use when I have gone a couple days without shaving. So, I'm going to keep using the Polsilver SI and see if subsequent shaves end up being as good.

I had a second shave with the Polsilver SI and this shave was a little different. I was treated to several weepers on my face. Neck. Cheeks. The feedback from the Alum was pronounced. I used the same razor as last time. Different cream this time. St. James of London. The lather looked nice and hydrated and was pretty slick. So I don't think it was the cream. I'm thinking it was my technique. I probably rushed things just a bit and may have applied a little too much pressure. I'll use it again and see if I can replicate shave #1 or#2.

Top Bottom