What's new

Nacet & Silver Blue lovers, which is better for you?

I love GSB over everything I've tried so far. My top 3 favorites look like this: GSB>Feather>Kai. Been reading about Nacet but haven't tried any yet.

For all those who love GSB & Nacet, which do you like better & why?

I have to say Nacet, but primarily because I have a couple hundred of them. However, I found it to be a toss up regarding which was better. Both provide an excellent shave in the Fatboy.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

In my opinion GSB is the best of all
The blades including vintage blades
And Nacet is better than Kai and I prefer
Nacet over Feathers any day.

I like Nacet because they're a steal in lots of 400 ($40 & free shipping) and slice through the crazy growth on the sides of my throat with ease. There's nothing wrong with GSB though.

Has anybody tried the Nacets using the R41 v2013 if so what's the shave felt like smooth and how many shaves max. per blade ??

Cheers

Most often I'd rather use a GSB, but I didn't buy 100 Nacets for no reason.

I'm not a blade-ologist (I just play one on TV), but my impression of the Nacets is that they're similar to GSBs minus the smoothness that comes with a Teflon coating. That's not to say that Nacets aren't smooth, but they're definitely not as smooth as GSBs. There's a prickly-ness to a fresh Nacet that isn't there with a fresh GSB. I do get close to similar longevity from both, but the advantage goes to GSB in the longevity department as well.

Let he who is without sin cast the first rock, and we shall smoketh it

It is very close. I would probably go with the Nacet over the GSB. Both are excellent however.
On the whole prefer Polsilver and Feather.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
For all those who love GSB & Nacet, which do you like better & why?

Nacet is sharper than GSB for me in all my razors so far. I havent tried either in my Fatip yet. Nacet is also nearly as smooth. Its a very good blade.

Top Bottom