What's new

Nacet lover question

Ok, so blades are highly individual i get that but...
After testing 10+ blades i found Nacet to be the most close, forgiving and best match for my skin.
Now my question is for all the people who have similar skin and experience.
Any blades that you use too, moved on to, have as an alternative or see equal?
I love Nacet but i just wonder if there is any i should give a shot before settling.

For me it depends on which Razor I am using. Nacet and Feathers I use in mild to medium aggressive razors. I also find the Nacet to be really sharp but smooth. For Medium aggresive to aggresive razors I have found Voskhod to be an ideal blade also in sharpness and smoothness.

While Nacets are in my top three, I wouldn't necessarily settle, but that's me. I like variety. That being said, Nacet is a damn fine blade to settle on :)

For me it depends on which Razor I am using. Nacet and Feathers I use in mild to medium aggressive razors. I also find the Nacet to be really sharp but smooth. For Medium aggresive to aggresive razors I have found Voskhod to be an ideal blade also in sharpness and smoothness.

I tried feathers but they hurt me so much i even blamed the Cella aftershave balm for my irritation.
Vokshod for some reason felt super "tuggy" and unsharp.

Edit: Ceteris Paribus

If you are new, just stick with the Nacets for a few months while you nail down your technique.

If you want to go to www.TryABlade.com and get a sampler, that's cool . But I would keep even the blades that don't work for you because everything may be very different in six months. Feathers and Polsilvers treated me poorly at the beginning. But now they are among my favorites.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

If you are new, just stick with the Nacets for a few months while you nail down your technique.

If you want to go to www.TryABlade.com and get a sampler, that's cool . But I would keep even the blades that don't work for you because everything may be very different in six months. Feathers and Polsilvers treated me poorly at the beginning. But now they are among my favorites.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
Great reply. This guy gets it.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
No need to "settle" on a single blade. Certainly not at such an early stage of your journey into wet shaving.
Always keep an eye open for interesting new options.
As was said earlier, it would be a good idea to buy a sampler pack from www.TryABlade.com

Nacet is a very nice blade if it matches your razor. I like it in my relative mild broman (which prefers the more effective blades as a match)
Less of a fan in some other more agressive razors.
There is nothing wrong to stick with this blade for this razor if it gives you wonderful shaves.

if you want to experiment try some blades at try a blade
Since you like sharp try
Kai
Feather
Bic

also add
more medium

Persona
Gilette silver blue
Gilette 7 o clock black
Wilkinson
Derby premium

Ronr Made a nice overview search on that.

but again sticking to a nacet is nothing wrong.

Nacets are my favorite, but I bought samplers from a couple different sources and here's my thoughts on some of the blades.

Note: my favorite razors are Razorock GC 84, Karve with C plate and a Gillette Red Tip, so unless noted the blades were used in all three over several shaves. I don't really keep track of how many times I've used a blade, but probably get at least 5 shaves out of them.

Gillette Rubies - basically the same as a Nacet
Gillette 7 O'clock yellow - similar, but do not last as long as Nacet or Rubies
Bic Chrome Platinum - sharper than the Gillettes but not as sharp as Feathers. In a mild razor like a Tech give a good shave.
Rapira Platinum Lux - for me, on par with 7 O'clock yellows
Other Gillettes (GSB, 7 O'clock green or black - good shaves, but not at the level of Nacets, Rubies or yellows)
Vokshod, Astra SP - okay but not as good as Gillettes
Polsilver - like Bic, not friendly in my preferred razors. I think these are physically wider than most blades (or am I confusing them with another brand?).
Feathers - good in a mild razor, otherwise I avoid them

Part of the fun of shaving with a DE is trying new blades, I have a box full of other blades not mentioned.

Nacets are also my go to. It’s fun to change it up once in a while and I‘ll venture through some of my stash. Astra SP’s, Personna Blues and Reds, Gillette 7 o’clock yellows, Sputniks, and more. I always end up coming back to the Nacets. For me, they offer the best combination of sharpness and smoothness.

Nacets are a good everyday blade. Some others I would suggest you try at some point:

Perma-Sharp Super (gold pack)
BIC Chrome Platinum (yellow pack)
Silver Star (best Lord blade from Egypt, red pack)

The BIC seems to be a love-it-or-hate-it kind of blade, and no one can explain why. I find them only slightly less sharp than Feathers, but more durable.

Perma-Sharps are nearly as sharp as Feather, IME, but smoother and slightly more durable.

Silver Star, you should just try them. Very smooth blade with better than average durability and cheap, only $8/100 they are one of the best bargain blades. Excellent match with Fatip open comb razors.

Nacets are a good everyday blade. Some others I would suggest you try at some point:

Perma-Sharp Super (gold pack)
BIC Chrome Platinum (yellow pack)
Silver Star (best Lord blade from Egypt, red pack)

The BIC seems to be a love-it-or-hate-it kind of blade, and no one can explain why. I find them only slightly less sharp than Feathers, but more durable.

Perma-Sharps are nearly as sharp as Feather, IME, but smoother and slightly more durable.

Silver Star, you should just try them. Very smooth blade with better than average durability and cheap, only $8/100 they are one of the best bargain blades. Excellent match with Fatip open comb razors.

I haven't used a Bic in at least 10 years, but I do remember them feeling very harsh. Maybe I'll try them again.

I do really enjoy the Perma-Sharps and Nacets. Just recently I got a box of Asco Orange from Lord. I can say I am very pleasantly surprised with them.

Back to the original question though, I have never settled on and particular razor or blade. I do not keep a journal or try to push a blade. I use a blade till it doesn't feel good anymore and rarely will use the same blade/razor combination twice in a row.

I have a sensitive skin and I’ve suffered a lot with most blades. However, I have good experience with Nacet and GSB.

Nacets are some of the sharpest blades available. They are designed for people with tough beards. I have a tough beard and sensitive skin. Nacets are great blades for me. Other blades that I also consider to be similar are:

BIC Chrome Platinum (Greece)
Permasharp Super (Russia)
7 O'Clock Super Platinum black (India)
Personna Platinum (Israeli reds or now made in Germany)

Although less well known, Dorco Prime Platinum STP301 (Vietnam), and SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum (India) are great blades.

I went through this same thing with Nacet and I am married to Nacet now. It doesn’t get any better than that for me and excellent price too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom