What's new

Nacet itch?

what ever blades i use, i get rid of the "after shave" feel, by splashing a generous dose of isopropyl alcohol on my face to finish up my shaving session AND drying my face with VIVA paper towels. VIVA is the most "cloth-like" paper towel i can find and they are disposable, so no risk of comination from previous useage.

I'll get itching sometimes when I get a real real close shave. Sometimes it's with Nacets because they can offer that level of closeness. But sometimes it's other blades. Anyone else get that after a fine BBS shave?

what ever blades i use, i get rid of the "after shave" feel, by splashing a generous dose of isopropyl alcohol on my face to finish up my shaving session AND drying my face with VIVA paper towels. VIVA is the most "cloth-like" paper towel i can find and they are disposable, so no risk of comination from previous useage.
I use Bounty before aftershave. Paper towels are much more sanitary that bath towels. FYI I used a Nacet today. IMO better than ever the Sharpedge Yellow.

I bought and used Viva today. You're right!! Better than Bounty. This is my towel now. Thanks for the tip!!

I'm fortunate to have a tough hide. I might get a cut from a blade, but never an itch. But things change too. I know that people can develop sensitivity to a detergent they've used for decades.

juanmosey, just ordered the yaqi mellon head. looking forward to using it. high point of the day. (i need to get a life).
It feels like tiny metal teeth gliding across the face. Very gentle. You'll like it. IMO even finished nicer than the Merkur.

I think it's possible to react to a blade that other folks praise. I haven't shaved with my Nacets yet, but I have a similar reaction to Perma-Sharps. I don't itch, but I get irritation that other blades don't give me.
This. I've reacted to a lot of highly touted blades too. I wanted to be able to use Astra SP, Israeli Personna, Gillette 7 O'Clock Blue, Yellow, and Black and a lot of other well known blades but reacted badly to them.

Just tried nacet today and was looking forward to it. As I like the Astra sp in my fatboy at 6, but wanted to try a blade a touch sharper.

However it didn't go as planned. The nacet was sharp but caused a lot of neck irritation immediately. The neck irrition died down a few hours later. On my face it was fine but my neck just didn't like it. I has similar issues with feather blades.

Will try it on a lower setting tomorrow, as it sounds like this blade may suit a milder razor or setting.

Nacet is usually an every day driver for me. In a Rockwell T on 6 I get 4 nice smooth shaves (I pitch all my blades after 4 uses).

Having backed the fatboy to 4 the nacet blade performed a lot better. It worked great in milder razors or adjustable razors backed off. I could get 3 nice smooth shaves. The 4th shave was just a little rougher, with a bit of neck irritation for me. 3 seems to be the magic number for most blades for me.

I love how these blades shave and the smoothness and closeness of them, but I started to notice that around 1 to 2 hours after the shave my chin and face really started to itch - all with different aftershave and shaving creme, etc. Other blades that have coating do not make me do this..... but Shark. Love the blade but will continue to monitor so I can no longer give them a 5 out of 5 rating - now a 4.0 to 4.5.
Well it means they are not for you. If you tried different creams and the itching is still there, don't use them. Everyone has blades that are bad for his skin. It is not something new. Don't pay attention to the Nacet hype. And Nacets are not uncoated blades. They at least have teflon on the edges, I am 100% sure.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I can't recall if I've had itching from them afterwards, but they certainly feel quite prickly and scratchy in use for me, so I wouldn't be surprised if I had been itchy afterwards. They didn't make my shortlist to stock up on, so they won't be getting tried again here.

I think I have the same problem with my dorco primes. I get an itch on my neck later that day that wasn’t there directly after the shave. Strangely it happens with my merkur 34 but not the Gillette slim. The blade performs very well for me so I need more shaving to figure this out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom