What's new

Nacet itch?

what ever blades i use, i get rid of the "after shave" feel, by splashing a generous dose of isopropyl alcohol on my face to finish up my shaving session AND drying my face with VIVA paper towels. VIVA is the most "cloth-like" paper towel i can find and they are disposable, so no risk of comination from previous useage.

I'll get itching sometimes when I get a real real close shave. Sometimes it's with Nacets because they can offer that level of closeness. But sometimes it's other blades. Anyone else get that after a fine BBS shave?

what ever blades i use, i get rid of the "after shave" feel, by splashing a generous dose of isopropyl alcohol on my face to finish up my shaving session AND drying my face with VIVA paper towels. VIVA is the most "cloth-like" paper towel i can find and they are disposable, so no risk of comination from previous useage.
I use Bounty before aftershave. Paper towels are much more sanitary that bath towels. FYI I used a Nacet today. IMO better than ever the Sharpedge Yellow.

I bought and used Viva today. You're right!! Better than Bounty. This is my towel now. Thanks for the tip!!

emwolf

Contributor
I'm fortunate to have a tough hide. I might get a cut from a blade, but never an itch. But things change too. I know that people can develop sensitivity to a detergent they've used for decades.

juanmosey, just ordered the yaqi mellon head. looking forward to using it. high point of the day. (i need to get a life).
It feels like tiny metal teeth gliding across the face. Very gentle. You'll like it. IMO even finished nicer than the Merkur.

I think it's possible to react to a blade that other folks praise. I haven't shaved with my Nacets yet, but I have a similar reaction to Perma-Sharps. I don't itch, but I get irritation that other blades don't give me.
This. I've reacted to a lot of highly touted blades too. I wanted to be able to use Astra SP, Israeli Personna, Gillette 7 O'Clock Blue, Yellow, and Black and a lot of other well known blades but reacted badly to them.