What's new

Nacet 28 shaves.

OK. I’ve been active for over a year now and generally have the idea that most guys get 4-7 shaves out of a blade. I was just tossing them after 7 shaves on Saturday mornings.

I’ve been practicing and getting better at straight shaving and opt for it whenever I can. So I sort of lost track of shave counts on my DE blades.

My beard has never been thick, but it’s respectable. It’s bristly and stiff. So today I finished the 28th tripple pass shave with a Nacet with no signs of pulling yet.

Surely not everyone has Portuguese thick and coarse whiskers here?

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
28 shaves! that’s amazing. I’ll try for a bunch like that with a Nacet that I have.

@tonich, thanks for pointing me there. I was getting 59.86 shaves on average from 8 progress blades. I thought maybe 5 blades had to do with their longevity. I thought maybe a good DE should last 24 shaves, based on two edges, but it looks like it will go much further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on 107 with my Nacet. I did have to migrate to more aggressive razors to get to the higher numbers though.

Even now, it still shaving really well. I don't actually think it's going to get to a pulling stage actually. I think the way it will start failing is... just not giving me a close shave in my neck, right next to my Adam's apple … Which is my most troublesome area.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

I'm on 107 with my Nacet. I did have to migrate to more aggressive razors to get to the higher numbers though.

Even now, it still shaving really well. I don't actually think it's going to get to a pulling stage actually. I think the way it will start failing is... just not giving me a close shave in my neck, right next to my Adam's apple … Which is my most troublesome area.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

That will be interesting to see. My cartridges held out until they pulled, but then, they don’t shave as closely.

wowzers and congrats that some going!

Have you tried any other blades in comparison?

This is the first blade I’ve beyond 7 shaves. I have Polsilver, GSB, Merkur and Feather on deck.

The most I've gotten so far is 4 shaves. I'm impressed, sir.

Well, that’s why I’m intrigued. I don’t think I’m undemanding about my shaves, so are others’ whiskers made out of titanium?

Well, that’s why I’m intrigued. I don’t think I’m undemanding about my shaves, so are others’ whiskers made out of titanium?

If I don't shave everyday, I look homeless.
If I don't shave for a week, I scare off Werewolves.
If I don't shave for two weeks, people ask what cave I live in.
If I don't shave for a month, Grizzly Adams gets jealous because I can steal his bear.

Been shaving since I was twelve. I am pretty sure I should have been shaving when I was ten.

If I don't shave everyday, I look homeless.
If I don't shave for a week, I scare off Werewolves.
If I don't shave for two weeks, people ask what cave I live in.
If I don't shave for a month, Grizzly Adams gets jealous because I can steal his bear.

Been shaving since I was twelve. I am pretty sure I should have been shaving when I was ten.

Must be Portuguese [emoji51]

Must be Portuguese [emoji51]

Of German descent. A lot of Americans are of German descent and most don't even know. Until the influx of Latinos in the US, German was the most spoken language behind English. After WWI things went back to normal for most Americans. Deutch in the household, English in public. When WWII started most families abandoned all things Deutch. It's an extremely fascinating history. If you look at a lot of "American" foods, they are take offs of German foods. Hamburgers, Frankfurters, Beer recipes, and the like.

Of German descent. A lot of Americans are of German descent and most don't even know. Until the influx of Latinos in the US, German was the most spoken language behind English. After WWI things went back to normal for most Americans. Deutch in the household, English in public. When WWII started most families abandoned all things Deutch. It's an extremely fascinating history. If you look at a lot of "American" foods, they are take offs of German foods. Hamburgers, Frankfurters, Beer recipes, and the like.

Ich weiß. Mein Schwiegervater war im Erbach geboren. Auch waren viele meinen Ahnen Deutschen.

I could tell interesting stories of my father-in-law going AWOL to visit his grandfather.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
A Nacet only gave me 10 shaves if I remember correctly, but I have had a couple of blades go over 30 (Feather and SharpEdge).

Ich weiß. Mein Schwiegervater war im Erbach geboren. Auch waren viele meinen Ahnen Deutschen.

I could tell interesting stories of my father-in-law going AWOL to visit his grandfather.

Wish I could understand what you wrote, but Deutch was verboten. My Grandfather about had a conniption one day because I jokingly said guten morgen. "We are Americans, we speak English. Never speak that way again..." I never saw such anger in my Grandfather before.

I had a Great Grand Uncle that would go AWOL to fight in prize fights back in the day when pro athletes still had to have day jobs. I really think it's a German characteristic to just take off and do something else besides what others expect you to do at a whim.

I can never remember how many shaves I have on any given blade, so Jan 1 I’ll put in a fresh Persona and go for number of moths.

Top Bottom