What's new

Nacet 28 shaves.

Wish I could understand what you wrote, but Deutch was verboten. My Grandfather about had a conniption one day because I jokingly said guten morgen. "We are Americans, we speak English. Never speak that way again..." I never saw such anger in my Grandfather before.

I had a Great Grand Uncle that would go AWOL to fight in prize fights back in the day when pro athletes still had to have day jobs. I really think it's a German characteristic to just take off and do something else besides what others expect you to do at a whim.

Otto, my father-in-law, was born there in 1925, was in Ohio from 1928 to 1938. The family went back to Erbach to help the grandfather farm and regain his birthright. He had to attend Hitlerjungen meetings and got a sash with medals. In August 1939 they came back in time.

He joined the US Army and was in Europe after D-Day. He went AWOL to visit his grandfather and cane back on a train carrying German prisoners. He laughed at a joke and they knew he understood German.

He never spoke German in to the kids. Sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must be Portuguese [emoji51]

It seems that you know very well the Portuguese, I did not start shaving at 10 or 12 years old, I only started when I was 11 years old, I'm playing with these posts because I'm Portuguese and yes a few years ago here in Portugal we always started shaving early but now there are one or two exceptions and they start a litlle bit older but here we usually start this shaving ritual very early.

PS: Just joking around because i'm Portuguese :c9: :thumbup:

Otto, my father-in-law, was born there in 1925, was in Ohio from 1928 to 1938. The family went back to Erbach to help the grandfather farm and regain his birthright. He had to attend Hitlerjungen meetings and got a sash with medals. In August 1939 they came back in time.

He joined the US Army and was in Europe after D-Day. He went AWOL to visit his grandfather and cane back on a train carrying German prisoners. He laughed at a joke and they knew he understood German.

He never spoke German in to the kids. Sad.

That's a wonderful story. Different times back then.

It seems that you know very well the Portuguese, I did not start shaving at 10 or 12 years old, I only started when I was 11 years old, I'm playing with these posts because I'm Portuguese and yes a few years ago here in Portugal we always started shaving early but now there are one or two exceptions and they start a litlle bit older but here we usually start this shaving ritual very early.

Are you Portuguese by chance?

You confirm my suspicion...LOL. I’m teasing with it, but not totally. My roommate in college had an Italian father and a Portuguese mother (boy could she cook). He would have a very respectable beard in two days.

We used to tease him, saying that he grew hair in his spare time. He always blamed it on his mother’s Portuguese genes. Although he was annoyed by it, we admired it. His beard was a gorgeous thick black beard.

If you are getting lots of shaves on a Nacet, you should get twice that many on a Polsilver -- I could only manage 43 on my first Nacet, but hit 100 on a Polsilver yesterday. The Polsilver requires an aggressive razor, though. I think the blade is marginally narrower than standard, and in a mild razor just won't touch the skin so it leaves stubble. Probably a batch on the narrow end of the QC range.

A lot of blade longevity has to do with technique, and also being able to tell the difference between drag from wearing the teflon coating off and tugging from dullness. New blades are always slicker due to the anti-friction coatings, but those coatings wear off in a few shaves. Blade is still sharp enough to skin you easily, but pulls a little more since the hair is sticking to the bevel more. Once you learn to minimize that sensation, blades suddenly last much, much longer.

When they get dull, they leave stubble no matter how many passes you make, they don't start cutting you. Weepers and nicks are strictly user error except in the rare case when a blade cracks perpendicular to the axis, in which case it will grab skin randomly and nick. I had a Dorco Prime do that, was shaving well at 89 shaves, but would grab skin once in a while. Not fun.

Great work!! :a29:

I routinely get 7+ 3-pass shaves from Nacets, but you are encouraging me to try for a record!

Great thread. I am using Feather and Astra SP, usually bin them after the 2nd shave but, 3rd shave is maximum as they seem to get draggy and uncomfortable in more efficient razors for me.

Got a sample pack of Gillette Green, Yellow and Silver Blue to try out but, I cam across the following blade sharpness comparison test chart thingy... interesting results and the Nacet for one does look like a sharp but consistent performer.

God knows why Nacet were not included in my Gillette sample pack, so i'll order a pack with my next order from Connaught who sell every blade going.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are getting lots of shaves on a Nacet, you should get twice that many on a Polsilver -- I could only manage 43 on my first Nacet, but hit 100 on a Polsilver yesterday. The Polsilver requires an aggressive razor, though. I think the blade is marginally narrower than standard, and in a mild razor just won't touch the skin so it leaves stubble. Probably a batch on the narrow end of the QC range.

A lot of blade longevity has to do with technique, and also being able to tell the difference between drag from wearing the teflon coating off and tugging from dullness. New blades are always slicker due to the anti-friction coatings, but those coatings wear off in a few shaves. Blade is still sharp enough to skin you easily, but pulls a little more since the hair is sticking to the bevel more. Once you learn to minimize that sensation, blades suddenly last much, much longer.

When they get dull, they leave stubble no matter how many passes you make, they don't start cutting you. Weepers and nicks are strictly user error except in the rare case when a blade cracks perpendicular to the axis, in which case it will grab skin randomly and nick. I had a Dorco Prime do that, was shaving well at 89 shaves, but would grab skin once in a while. Not fun.

I get a great shave with my Polsilver. I have been using a Fatboy set to 8 for some time now.

Great work!! :a29:

I routinely get 7+ 3-pass shaves from Nacets, but you are encouraging me to try for a record!

I know. It’s tricky and hard to find out what makes a blade tick. Some get a few and some get a lot. That big of a difference would not seem to be attributable to beard thickness and coarseness alone, but what else would it be. I don’t bother removing my blades and drying them either.

Great thread. I am using Feather and Astra SP, usually bin them after the 2nd shave but, 3rd shave is maximum as they seem to get draggy and uncomfortable in more efficient razors for me.

Got a sample pack of Gillette Green, Yellow and Silver Blue to try out but, I cam across the following blade sharpness comparison test chart thingy... interesting results and the Nacet for one does look like a sharp but consistent performer.

God knows why Nacet were not included in my Gillette sample pack, so i'll order a pack with my next order from Connaught who sell every blade going.

I read posts like this and think your whiskers have to be made out of metal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott Chapin - my whiskers are coarse but also grow at a rate that shocks most people, I have a full on beard in 5 days if I do not shave.

However, its fair to say, that all blades have different characteristics and coupled with different use and different types of razors will yield different results.

Scott Chapin - my whiskers are coarse but also grow at a rate that shocks most people, I have a full on beard in 5 days if I do not shave.

However, its fair to say, that all blades have different characteristics and coupled with different use and different types of razors will yield different results.

Well I agree to an extent, but the difference between 5 shaves and 100 shaves? I cannot imagine the razor and technique accounting for that.

Are you Portuguese by chance?

Yes, I'm Portuguese :c9: :thumbup:

You confirm my suspicion...LOL. I’m teasing with it, but not totally. My roommate in college had an Italian father and a Portuguese mother (boy could she cook). He would have a very respectable beard in two days.
We used to tease him, saying that he grew hair in his spare time. He always blamed it on his mother’s Portuguese genes. Although he was annoyed by it, we admired it. His beard was a gorgeous thick black beard.

Yes, your friend got the best part of the two Latin genes he has, the thick beard
We really do have very good food in Portugal, and those who savor our food will never forget it ;)

I recently got 100 Nacet blades, having read so much about them. I have a very coarse beard, shave every day (religiously) and am hugely impressed with these blades. They give a really close, smooth and comfortable shave.

The first blade I changed after 15 days (i normally change blades every 3/4 shaves), not because of anything with the blade, but because I felt a new blade would make a great shave even better. Then i realised the blades really don't seem to dull at all. I have now used 4 Nacets in the last three and a half months, around 25 shaved to each blade. Fantastic blades!

I recently got 100 Nacet blades, having read so much about them. I have a very coarse beard, shave every day (religiously) and am hugely impressed with these blades. They give a really close, smooth and comfortable shave.

The first blade I changed after 15 days (i normally change blades every 3/4 shaves), not because of anything with the blade, but because I felt a new blade would make a great shave even better. Then i realised the blades really don't seem to dull at all. I have now used 4 Nacets in the last three and a half months, around 25 shaved to each blade. Fantastic blades!

Wow , I completed shave 32 today.

Top Bottom