What's new

N.W.A. inducted to Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Golf clap

$29XYmgE.gif

Straight Outta Compton changed music, and they deserve to be in there. Glad to see Deep Purple and Steve Miller make it.

Still waiting on The Cure; Joy Division; The Smiths; Judas Priest; Iron Maiden; The Cars; Journey; Bad Company; Warren Zevon; T Rex.

Agreed that something like this is long overdue. Public Enemy as well; definitely still under-recognized. Chuck D has some extremely intelligent social commentary out there that you rarely hear mention of these days.

And I agree with someone else, BÖC too :)

Edit: Oh hey, I'm behind the times; PE were inducted in 2013! Excellent.

Last edited:
Straight Outta Compton changed music, and they deserve to be in there. Glad to see Deep Purple and Steve Miller make it.

Still waiting on The Cure; Joy Division; The Smiths; Judas Priest; Iron Maiden; The Cars; Journey; Bad Company; Warren Zevon; T Rex.

Can I add Kraftwerk, Roxy Music, Zombies, Paul Revere and the Raiders, Gram Parsons and New Order to your list?
A Joy Division/New Order entry would make sense.

Well, someone finally woke up and inducted The Cure this year. Long overdue. Disintegration is easily one of the best albums, top to bottom, ever recorded.

The real question now is, who shows up with Robert Smith to accept the award? Half of the population of the UK have been in that band at one time or another. Maybe they should just give Smith the award and call it a day.

I wish the MC5 had made it. Some of the best music of the late 60s came out of Detroit garages. I'm indifferent to Janet Jackson and Stevie Nicks. I always thought Nicks was overrated, and her singing voice was annoying.

Nicks is getting in because men of a certain age all had fantasies of her for years, and some still do . . .

Janet Jackson? meh . . . put her producers in, instead.

MC5 not being in is criminal.

Heavy Metal not being repped in the Hall by Maiden or Priest is a joke. Scorpions and Saxon, too.

Also, where the heck are Thin Lizzy, the B-52's and DEVO?

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Nicks is getting in because men of a certain age all had fantasies of her for years, and some still do . . .

Janet Jackson? meh . . . put her producers in, instead.

MC5 not being in is criminal.

Heavy Metal not being repped in the Hall by Maiden or Priest is a joke. Scorpions and Saxon, too.

Also, where the heck are Thin Lizzy, the B-52's and DEVO?
I agree. I cant see how they can put Stevie Nicks in before Pat Benetar, IMO. It seems the hall is more of a click these days than an actual merit based system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
So many bands mentioned here. Not sure of the criteria for RR HoF but it has to be more than one or two big selling albums.

There has been some incredible music created over the past half-century.

Top Bottom