What's new

Mystic Water and room temperature water

12-29-2014: After the horrible shave with AOS Tallow, I had a decision to make: either not shave at all for a day or use the safest soap in my den. As you expect, I went with route #2 and brought out Catie's Bubbles Le Nude (Unscented). I was afraid my face coudl still be damaged from the previous day but my fears were in vain, as CB performed excellent under room temperature water. I probably over lathered but that's ok with me. Almost BBS, but I didnt want to push my face any longer after AOS Tallow.

@herbert7890 that's weird that you got a reaction considering that there is no fragrance or essential oils. Has that happened to you before with any other unscented soaps?

12-30-2014: Just received Reef Point Soap Today and I had to try it out :001_rolle. Its the vegan formula (unscented and mentholated). Right out of the bat I figure this would be an excellent soap to try with cold water shaving, since it already has the menthol cooling effect going on. The menthol is definetely there but is not painful or irritating in any way. It actually feels very fresh and clean on my face. (This is the only menthol soap I have tried so I don't have comparables). The shave went along excellent, with a beautiful creamy lather. You get a cold sensation each time you re-lather, which was awesome for me. Today I felt great so I went with a Personna Med Prep (probably the best blade ever, for me), and went for BBS, which I ahieved without problem. There was no tugging whatsoever during the shave. THat could be attributed to the excellent lather and the blade used Today. Reef Point is 100% a Keeper.

Note: If more awesome artisan soaps keep coming, My wife will probably kill me sooner or later. But I have to try all of them which get positive ratings from the community.

@herbert7890 that's weird that you got a reaction considering that there is no fragrance or essential oils. Has that happened to you before with any other unscented soaps?

Nope! I was very very surprised at this, since I have never got a skin reaction with unscented soaps (this is a first for me). I might give it another try in the future (just to discard any other foods or scents around or anything that might have caused it that day).

Well, I'm just about 10 days into room temp water shaving and the results have been great. I'm getting great shaves and no irritation.

Well, I'm just about 10 days into room temp water shaving and the results have been great. I'm getting great shaves and no irritation.

Me too! It has been great so far. I will do 4 or 5 more days and then will do a few hot water shaves for comparisson purposes. [emoji56]

Update 1-03-2015: I didnt shave for 2 days waiting for LPL. Just received it this morning and went on to the shave right away. First thing I notice is how much this soap looks and feels like Catie's Bubbles, with its very soft texture and even the smell of the unscented smells like Catie's Unscented (I have so many unscented soaps, and I can distinguis 90% of them just by the smell). The shave with Le Pere Lucien went very good with no irritation, nicks or cuts. The lather was amazing (basically exatly as Catie's Bubbles) and very protective. ALl this with room temperature water.

The only drawback I can notice about LPL is the post shave feel. Whenever I try a new soap I just do a plain naked shave with no post shave balm to test the moiturizing properties of the soap. In this case, LPL left my face very dry for some reason, and had to apply Nivea Post shave after 2 hours to compensate. In this regards Mdc beats LPL by far (with MdC, I dont even need post shave balm, leaves with face very very soft). All in all, it doesnt take back from this great soap, as this can be remediated with a post shave balm. Happy to have it on my den.

It lathers easily with cold water, has great cushion and slide. Nothing more to ask for.

Looking to keep this thread going. I'm loving the room temp water shaves. Hot has been causing irritation, cold gives me irritation free but not very good performance. But as we all know, YMMV.

Top Bottom