What's new

Mystery PIF

Just joined the board, ordering my DE setup today. Anyone care to explain to me what this is? I thought "PIF" was pay it forward, and someone would pass something along to another member, but there sure are a lot of people in. Is it a drawing?

Just joined the board, ordering my DE setup today. Anyone care to explain to me what this is? I thought "PIF" was pay it forward, and someone would pass something along to another member, but there sure are a lot of people in. Is it a drawing?

Yes it's both I guess. It's a PIF in the nature that he is passing something along, but instead of just picking someone he is opening it up for a drawing. People use different means of choosing the winner. Most use random number generator with post #s, but there have been some pretty original ideas on picking the winner in my tenure here lol.
you can also PIF to specific people online and off, whatever you want.
we have a thread called instant PIF in the contributes forum (don't know if this is a secret lol) where people post a pic and the winner is the next person that posts after (that's how I do mine at least).

Yes it's both I guess. It's a PIF in the nature that he is passing something along, but instead of just picking someone he is opening it up for a drawing. People use different means of choosing the winner. Most use random number generator with post #s, but there have been some pretty original ideas on picking the winner in my tenure here lol.
you can also PIF to specific people online and off, whatever you want.
we have a thread called instant PIF in the contributes forum (don't know if this is a secret lol) where people post a pic and the winner is the next person that posts after (that's how I do mine at least).

Thanks for the info! My set supposedly will come with Astra, Rapira, and Treet blades (20 total), so I'll be looking online an locally for other brands to try out. Good to know such a thing as this exists, seems like a good bunch of people here.

Thanks for the info! My set supposedly will come with Astra, Rapira, and Treet blades (20 total), so I'll be looking online an locally for other brands to try out. Good to know such a thing as this exists, seems like a good bunch of people here.
Welcome and yes this is one of the very few places online that is truly gentlemanly.

You're welcome. And welcome to B&B!!!

I'm bouncing this up again; I'll pick a winner (random #) midnight Friday, PDT, so jump on board, if you wish.

Top Bottom