What's new

MYSORE SANDAL bath bar

This soap is a real bargain. It's a hard milled , thick , heavy bar. For $2.49 these guys do not skimp on the sandalwood oil, my entire bathroom smells like sandal !..Other sandalwood soaps I've tried were very drying, this one is not. Rich , thick lather , and leaves the epidermal layer clean and faintly scented ....Real nice soap and almost every Indian market will have it.
IMG_0196.JPG
IMG_0198.JPG
IMG_0199.JPG
IMG_0200.JPG
IMG_0201.JPG

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Thanks for the review. I nearly spilled my coffee when I saw the price tag. It looks like $249.00

Thanks for the info @malocchio.
Have you ever tried their "regular" version (simply named Mysore Sandal Soap)?
If so, which would you say is more fragrant?
TIA.

All Mysore soaps are very fragrant rich. Their "gold" branded are even better.
The pricing is $2.49. Most international markets price it that way with a "silent" comma.

This is a random site with the soap. I am not purchased anything from the site but is used as a quick reference for anyone interested.

I would also say that MediMix soap works as advertised - its a bit superior to Mysore if you want something with extra punch.

Last edited:
If you like sandalwood soap, try synaa. It's better than mysore and medimix. I've tried it all.

The mysore soap is way too dry and doesn't clean as effectively as synaa.

As for medimix, the only strong point is the nice, sweet smell and thick lather. It really doesn't offer much else.

If you like sandalwood soap, try synaa. It's better than mysore and medimix. I've tried it all.

The mysore soap is way too dry and doesn't clean as effectively as synaa.

As for medimix, the only strong point is the nice, sweet smell and thick lather. It really doesn't offer much else.
Haven't seen Synaa soap at my local Indian / Pakistani markets ... As for Medimix, " sweet smell and thick lather " sounds pretty good, so what else are you looking for in a bath bar ?

You can give the Khadi Naturals Sandalwood Soap a try, I you really love Sandalwood. I find the fragrance of Mysore sandalwood soap little loud and overwhelming though the lathering properties are really nice & yes the skin does not feel dry all. The factory where it is made is hardly 20 kms from my residence at Bangalore.

Posting the picture of Khadi Naturals Sandalwood (one of my favourites and in current rotational use)
ABABB90E-B0AF-456B-AA71-D72236D0B7C7.jpeg

You can give the Khadi Naturals Sandalwood Soap a try, I you really love Sandalwood. I find the fragrance of Mysore sandalwood soap little loud and overwhelming though the lathering properties are really nice & yes the skin does not feel dry all. The factory where it is made is hardly 20 kms from my residence at Bangalore.

Posting the picture of Khadi Naturals Sandalwood (one of my favourites and in current rotational use)
View attachment 1142690
I use the Khadi Woodysandal and Honey shampoo. Really good stuff! I have yet to use their bar soap, but I imagine that it's worth checking out.

Top Bottom