What's new

Myrsol Samples

Hi All,
I received an order from Maggard’s and it had a sample of each flavor of Myrsol. I have been working through them each daily for a week or so. I really like the Antesol, K, Plastic, and C so far. Love the scent of K (mint) and Plastic (rose). Plastic really lasts on me so I have to plan an edt accordingly. What is your favorite?

@nstenberg had posted a nice ingredient chart in 2011. I thought I’d include it. Thanks @nstenberg! Sorry about the size…. If a mod can fix it, please do.

BTW, I have used the Emulsion for quite a while and it beat Proraso green balm as my favorite. I’m not a huge fan of balms though. Usually only in the heart of the winter.

90CF58E0-CBC0-4575-BF75-3A5F971FC4D3.png

The samples you have obviously made an impression on you, which is good. Perhaps the varieties you have are better than mine. I have only the Blue and Limon. My view is that each are adequate at doing their job, and that is where it ends. Nothing stands out about them, except they cost more than what they are worth. If Myrsol sold for half of what vendors ask, still too high. I won't re-buy either one. The value for money spent isn't there. Aqua Velva and Skin Bracer perform as well as the two Myrsols I own, at one-fourth the price.

The samples you have obviously made an impression on you, which is good. Perhaps the varieties you have are better than mine. I have only the Blue and Limon. My view is that each are adequate at doing their job, and that is where it ends. Nothing stands out about them, except they cost more than what they are worth. If Myrsol sold for half of what vendors ask, still too high. I won't re-buy either one. The value for money spent isn't there. Aqua Velva and Skin Bracer perform as well as the two Myrsols I own, at one-fourth the price.
I agree, they are too expensive. I do like a few of them anyhow. I think that they are a little nicer on the face than many of the cheapies I have and love. If I get a bottle it will be a luxury, that’s for sure.

The blue reminded me of Aqua Velva, which I do not like much. Heresy, I know.

The Limon was nice, but I like Pinaud Citrus Musk better scent wise, which is much cheaper.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!

I agree, they are too expensive. I do like a few of them anyhow. I think that they are a little nicer on the face than many of the cheapies I have and love. If I get a bottle it will be a luxury, that’s for sure.

The blue reminded me of Aqua Velva, which I do not like much. Heresy, I know.

The Limon was nice, but I like Pinaud Citrus Musk better scent wise, which is much cheaper.

We in the US are deprived of the real Myrsol experience.

One reason that the cost is high is the elegant fluted crystal bottle designed to fit your wet fingers. In the US we have only the choice to buy this bottle. Every. Time.

But in the EU you can buy a liter of Myrsol and refill your crystal bottles. That's the way it was intended. I have a liter of AB and refill that bottle as needed. It’s quite economical.

12D9E425-64C5-4E2C-B83D-4AA6AF650C2A.jpeg

We in the US are deprived of the real Myrsol experience.

One reason that the cost is high is the elegant fluted crystal bottle designed to fit your wet fingers. In the US we have only the choice to buy this bottle. Every. Time.

But in the EU you can buy a liter of Myrsol and refill your crystal bottles. That's the way it was intended. I have a liter of AB and refill that bottle as needed. It’s quite economical.

View attachment 1424026
Very cool! I did not know that. Thanks

If you are still bent on getting Myrsol lotions, check out Bullgoose Shaving. Surely other vendors exist in this country, perhaps Maggards Razors.
I was talking about the 1 liter refills. I can’t find anyone in the states that Carrie’s them. Sorry for the confusion.

I was talking about the 1 liter refills. I can’t find anyone in the states that Carrie’s them. Sorry for the confusion.
My bad, I re-read your post and now get what you meant. I haven't seen, nor knew, of these monster-sized refills of Myrsol lotions. The marketing concept is the same as Floid. Sell a hand-sized bottle at a steep price and a large refill at a reasonable price. Perhaps I would feel better about the Myrsols if a large refill was available over here. Wonder why some of these Euro outfits (Myrsol) won't sell the big jugs over here, like Floid and Proraso do?

My bad, I re-read your post and now get what you meant. I haven't seen, nor knew, of these monster-sized refills of Myrsol lotions. The marketing concept is the same as Floid. Sell a hand-sized bottle at a steep price and a large refill at a reasonable price. Perhaps I would feel better about the Myrsols if a large refill was available over here. Wonder why some of these Euro outfits (Myrsol) won't sell the big jugs over here, like Floid and Proraso do?
I contacted Italian barber and he said that the cheap big plastic bottles do not make it across the ocean in good shape so they can’t import them. I suppose if they improved the bottle they would not be so affordable…. Oh well, I can always use the empty Myrsol bottle for one of my Pinaud juices.

Well, I love the Emulsion. I have a big bottle of that and it’s my fav balm by far. I think after using up most of the samples of splashes that I have narrowed it down to Antesol or K.

Ok, so I went on BullGoose’s site and put the K in my cart, then the Antesol, and if I threw in a bottle of Agua Balsamica, it gave me free shipping! So I bought 3 bottles. After using each, I am amazed at how vibrant they are compared to samples. Spectacular.

Myrsol is my favorite AS brand. They are in another league, in my opinion. No glycerin, no oily skin food. Just a Very clean and smooth face feel, with simple but classic aromas.

Top Bottom