What's new

Myrsol Plastic - any users?

Saw a blog where the guy had all of the Myrsol products. They all have different qualities, do different things and are great!

AA

Actually, most of Myrsol's splashes differ only in scent (Lemon, Formula C, Formula K, F/Extra, Blue, Don Miguel, Don Carlos all have the same ingredients, except scent and color). The "different" ones are: Plastic Shave (contains Lactic Acid), Antesol (contains Allantoin), Agua Balsamica (contains thyme, lavender, rosemary essences), and Metilsol (contains tymol and alum).

I have Antesol, Plastic Shave, Agua Balsamica and Lemon. Antesol and Plastic Shave are my top picks. I have gone through 3 bottles of Emulsion in the past, as a pre-shave. It is also fantastic, but a little pricey vs. Proraso

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Actually, most of Myrsol's splashes differ only in scent (Lemon, Formula C, Formula K, F/Extra, Blue, Don Miguel, Don Carlos all have the same ingredients, except scent and color). The "different" ones are: Plastic Shave (contains Lactic Acid), Antesol (contains Allantoin), Agua Balsamica (contains thyme, lavender, rosemary essences), and Metilsol (contains tymol and alum).

I have Antesol, Plastic Shave, Agua Balsamica and Lemon. Antesol and Plastic Shave are my top picks. I have gone through 3 bottles of Emulsion in the past, as a pre-shave. It is also fantastic, but a little pricey vs. Proraso

Wow! Great info, thanks.

They are fun, funky, well-made and interesting. There are a few others I'd like to try!

With they were as cheap as Floid, but it is a large bottle.

AA

I have most of them and love them all. I didn’t realize Extra was the same base as lemon though, lemon always seems to burn more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I tried a few - Plastic Shave, Agua Balsamica, Antesol, and Lemon are my favorites I that order. Emulsion has turned out to be great as a shave as well as pre-shave!

I love the combo of Wool Fat and the Plastic. Something about the combo that just works.

Christmas is coming; definitely going to ask for a couple mentioned here!

AA

I only have plastic and antesol. and well the emulsion. they are fantastic. great smell, amazing post shave feel. i also had smaples of blue, formula c, agua balsamica. they were ok, but nothing i was interested too much in. but then i dont like blue scents. formula c was too floral for my taste. instead of agua balsamica i prefer speick.

Excellent stuff and highly recommended, as any of the Myrsol aftershaves. Although Antesol being my favourite, Plastic Shave really stands out too.

IMG_20201015_130228.jpg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Plastic smell has a fair amount of rose in it to my nose. i Like the mix of it with MWF.

also just tried myrsol Antesol as pre and after shave with their Antesol shave soap. it was surprisingly REALLY a nice shave.

Plastic Shave would go very well with MWF!

The stuff may LOOK like rose, but smells like TV Guide magazine (heatset printing) to me.

I want another Myrsol, but haven't decided yet. Ante means "before," don't need a preshave. Maybe lemon...

AA

Plastic Shave would go very well with MWF!

The stuff may LOOK like rose, but smells like TV Guide magazine (heatset printing) to me.

I want another Myrsol, but haven't decided yet. Ante means "before," don't need a preshave. Maybe lemon...

AA

most use Antesol after shave, myself included. It’s my favorite Myrsol, I think you’d be missing a great one

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Looks like Maggards has the whole line, but I got mine from another place who's name escapes me...

AA

Different fragrances can spark different 'moods' in me. While formula K and Limon may have the same ingredients list on their labels, I do not necessarily 'feel' the same way after using one or the other. I'm not talking about just 'skin feel' here; e.g. the K is much more calming while the Limon brings a more energized mindset. The Limon feels more astringent than K, and K seems to help quell sinus headaches. So, for me, those two splashes do actually have different qualities. I have to get another set of samples to get a better read on the "different" different ones...Plastic, Basalmic, etc.

Top Bottom