What's new

Myrsol mania!

Today it was Lemon: with Timeless Ti95OC and Mitchell's Wool Fat (MWF) soap, to try to keep a neutral scent.

Lemon. There is cooling effect, again the Myrsols seem to have an agreeably low percentage of menthol, but it is there. I don't care for the super mentholated frozen face, ala Barbasol Pacific Rush.

Lemon is either synthetic-smelling or very natural; I'm not sure which - but lemony it is! I do like it.

Drying; there's that nice face feel again. A very good shave. This would go very well with Arko!

A bottle of this wouldn't be bad at all. Closest thing I have to it is 4711 cologne with glycerin. But it doesn't cool any.

AA

Seems like you and I have similar impressions about Myrsol. Glad you enjoyed Agua de Limon, too. For me, it's below Antesol and Plastic Shave, but it's good and fresh. When I purchased they were sold out on the 180ml bottle, so I decanted my 1L into a Blenheim Bouquet's bottle. So classy

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Today, same soap and razor but...

Balsamic: A great scent, cooling and performance. Wish I could forget someone said it was like Mediterranean cooking herbs.... Because it is, a little bit.... But it's also an amazing aftershave.

Aramis Tuscany would pair with this perfectly.

All right. I've tried all four.

Ranking is... PLASTIC SHAVE first!

Then...

Antesol
Lemon
Balsamic
Metilsol

AA

Here's the photo of my Agua de Limon decanted into a Penhaligon's bottle:
image.jpg

I have formula K. Almost entirely out of it, maybe another three or four shaves left. Excellent peppermint, very simple, one-note, refreshing with the menthol. Anyone have experience with their Agua de Colonia Don Miguel 1919 splash? Guess it's their all-purpose lotion?

I have formula K. Almost entirely out of it, maybe another three or four shaves left. Excellent peppermint, very simple, one-note, refreshing with the menthol. Anyone have experience with their Agua de Colonia Don Miguel 1919 splash? Guess it's their all-purpose lotion?

No experience with Don Miguel and Don Carlo. They are more recent offerings. I've read Don Miguel has a light jasmine scent. I don't like Jasmine tea so it didn't tease me.

By the way, I used Antesol this morning and here I am 10 hours later still catching a sniff of it every now and then. The spicy tone is really nice. Good stuff and on the very top of my list with Floid Blue, Floid Suave and Myrsol Plastic Shave.

It's been awhile since I have used Plastic but two days in a row now after a shave with MWF I find Plastic really drying and making my skin a bit too tight. Might be the weather. Maybe save it for hot summer months like Metilsol. Too drying this time of a year I think and blame it on Lactic Acid in Plastic.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
It's been awhile since I have used Plastic but two days in a row now after a shave with MWF I find Plastic really drying and making my skin a bit too tight. Might be the weather. Maybe save it for hot summer months like Metilsol. Too drying this time of a year I think and blame it on Lactic Acid in Plastic.

Hmm, I find them all a bit drying, but finish the shave with hyaluronic acid moisturizer.

Adding glycerine helps with Picard products, they're mostly drying too.

AA

Actually, might be an issue with MWF lather prepared in a hot scuttle and not Plastic AS. Will continue testing before making any final conclusions.

I am currently enjoying Agua de Limon, further to Blue and Formula K. My next purchase is going to be Antesol.

As an aside:

myrsol-electric-shave-180-ml-1.jpg
I'm not an electric shaver, but does anyone else find the look of this interesting? It's on the less common side to purchase, and there aren't many comments about it online. Looks like it's a mint and menthol scent, and the ingredients are very simple - perhaps it might make a nice moisturising aftershave?

Ingredients: Alcohol Denat, Isopropyl Mirystate, Citric Acid, Parfum.

When I first bought Metisol (blind buy), when I opened the bottle and gave it a sniff, I hated it - I thought it smelled like new rubber tires. I did not use it for over a year and I was planning on putting it on the BST. Cut to about 3 months ago and I gave it another try. Long story short, it is now one of my favorite aftershaves. Unlike some of the other Myrsol A/S's, it has got some healing ingredients.

I bought some Myrsol samplers during the recent Maggard's sale - Blue, Balsamic and Plastic. I'm going through them using Mitchell's Wool Fat soap so as to have a neutral soap scent.

I tried Plastic today and it smelled like Children's Tylenol to me - that sweet "cherry" medicinal flavor. In fact I had a moment after dispensing it where I couldn't lift my hands to my face because my brain was locked in a thought of "Am I about to spread Children's Tylenol on my face?" I'm fairly certain I will not be finishing this sample.

Blue, on the other hand, smelled much better to me. I plan on using that tomorrow. I can see this pairing well with Barrister & Mann Reserve Cool.

I agree that Balsamic smells like herbs - I mean, the scent notes ARE rosemary and thyme - but I actually like that.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I bought some Myrsol samplers during the recent Maggard's sale - Blue, Balsamic and Plastic. I'm going through them using Mitchell's Wool Fat soap so as to have a neutral soap scent.

I tried Plastic today and it smelled like Children's Tylenol to me - that sweet "cherry" medicinal flavor. In fact I had a moment after dispensing it where I couldn't lift my hands to my face because my brain was locked in a thought of "Am I about to spread Children's Tylenol on my face?" I'm fairly certain I will not be finishing this sample.

Blue, on the other hand, smelled much better to me. I plan on using that tomorrow. I can see this pairing well with Barrister & Mann Reserve Cool.

I agree that Balsamic smells like herbs - I mean, the scent notes ARE rosemary and thyme - but I actually like that.

I did the Myrsol sampler a few years back. Balsamic was my favorite and I ended up buying a full size flask (their cut glass bottles really nice). I find it pairs well with both MdC Original & Fougère.

Top Bottom