What's new

Myrsol mania!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
After having scored Myrsol Plastic Shave - an out of the ballpark hit - want to see what other magic is in Mysrol aftershaves.

Ordered four samples, since a full bottle is spendy:

full

Going to record my notes here.

Who likes which of these best?

Cat seems to have chosen ...

full

Metilsol. Hmmm ...

AA

I haven’t tried Metilsol, but this is my ranking of the other 3:
1- Antesol
2- Água Balsamica
3- Água de Limon

Let us know your thoughts!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Antesol: Cooling. Refreshing. Great, unique scent!

Ti95OC gave me some raw spots today; it can be a mean razor. Immediately this stuff helped. Cooling, as noted.

Slight family resemblance to Plastic. Was put off by the "ante" in the name, since this means "before" in Spanish. But it's not preshave by its effects.

I would definitely get a full bottle of this stuff!

AA

Last edited:
Out of those four, I would rank them:
1. Metilsol - awesome listerine scent. weird but great.
2. Limon - smells like Lemon cleaner.
3. Balsamico - smells like dried Thyme out of the cupboard splashed onto your face.
4. Antesol. yuck. Like a bizarro upside world version of Floid amber, but bitter and nasty. Ugh. Similar to Figaro Yellow. Easily my least favorite Myrsol, and I have them all. If you like Floid Amber, the Myrsol F/Extra is REALLY good.

(I know you said you liked Antesol today. I know we all smell things differently. It could just be me. Or maybe, my batch was weird.)

Sir Sarimento; your studio photography/Photoshop is the best!

The problem is, I was trying to pick one to buy the big bottle.

If I like them all, I'm back to square one! :lol:

AA

thx, mike! good luck in your search!
btw, the pic of ali was taken on location, here, not studio!
the shave stuff were indeed superimposed onto a print!
now, i still have lots of myrsol to work through!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
thx, mike! good luck in your search!
btw, the pic of ali was taken on location, here, not studio!
the shave stuff were indeed superimposed onto a print!
now, i still have lots of myrsol to work through!

I seeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ....... :thumbup1:

Some jobs are better than others. :lol:

And some jobs are like WAY better than others! :punk:

Many thanks.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
3. Balsamico - smells like dried Thyme out of the cupboard splashed onto your face.
4. Antesol. yuck. Like a bizarro upside world version of Floid amber, but bitter and nasty. Ugh. Similar to Figaro Yellow. Easily my least favorite Myrsol, and I have them all. If you like Floid Amber, the Myrsol F/Extra is REALLY good.

(I know you said you liked Antesol today. I know we all smell things differently. It could just be me. Or maybe, my batch was weird.)

No, many thanks! Negative/brutally honest reviews are the most needed!

I do have two bottles of Floid Vigoroso, my nephew in Spain brings the stuff over. He's never offered the Myrsol, though ...

All right, then. Metilsol tomorrow!

AA

Antesol: Cooling. Refreshing. Great, unique scent!

Ti95OC gave me some raw spots today; it can be a mean razor. Immediately this stuff helped. Cooling, as noted.

Slight family resemblance to Plastic. Was put off by the "ante" in the name, since this means "before" in Spanish. But it's not preshave by its effects.

I would definitely get a full bottle of this stuff!

AA

I am glad you liked it. Antesol is fresh, but it has a hint of spice that makes it unique (I would guess clove or cinnamon). Almost like Floid blended with Old Spice. I love it!!

Really? You like F/Extra and hate Antesol? They are not that far apart, in my opinion. I agree F/Extra is wonderful, but I prefer Floid. And Antesol has the Allantoin and spice kick that makes it so unique to me. Maybe revisit it someday if you can

I visited Portugal a couple of months ago and had the chance to restock on Myrsol products. I am good for a decade or two (apologies for the poor quality photos):

IMG-3484.jpg
IMG-3483.jpg

After having scored Myrsol Plastic Shave - an out of the ballpark hit - want to see what other magic is in Mysrol aftershaves.

Ordered four samples, since a full bottle is spendy:

full

Going to record my notes here.

Who likes which of these best?

Cat seems to have chosen ...

full

Metilsol. Hmmm ...

AA

How much for that ‘trained’ cat?? :a29:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
How much for that ‘trained’ cat?? :a29:

Luna the Wonder-Cat loves aftershave! Most aftershave. And cologne.

She will lick the stuff off my face, if given the chance. Which, of course, no one is going to let a cat do that - so she climbs to a high place and leaps on my back when I pass ... I get licked before I can reach for the baseball bat/shock collar control. :lol:

She really likes aftershave.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Went with Metilsol today! Timeless Ti95OC and Mitchell's Wool Fat (MWF) soap, to try to keep a neutral scent.

Metilsol: It is indeed a bit Listerine-y, as @guitarslinger suggested. Medicinal-smelling to me. Face feel is very good, as with all the Myrsols.

This has alum, thyme and other stuff ... it did calm down some back-of-the-neck rash quickly. Apparently this is the one for people who get cuts, rash and damage a lot. It's a healer. Didn't notice any cooling effect, i.e. menthol.

On scent alone, though, I like Antesol a little better, so far. This might have been a bit headachy; I might be reacting to it a little.

All of them give you a good face-feel that lasts.

AA

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Ok, Metilsol is out. I may have had a reaction to it, definitely a bit of a headache, even dizzy.

Also, it's really drying, to me. It must have enough alum in it, but. Just slapped a bunch of hyaluronic acid on my face for moisture.

I have that "got a great shave" face feel, from the alum-closed pores. But it's too much. Possibly it could be cut with witch hazel or something.

AA

EDIT: Needed Nivea balm to rehydrate! Sorry, Team Metilsol.

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Today it was Lemon: with Timeless Ti95OC and Mitchell's Wool Fat (MWF) soap, to try to keep a neutral scent.

Lemon. There is cooling effect, again the Myrsols seem to have an agreeably low percentage of menthol, but it is there. I don't care for the super mentholated frozen face, ala Barbasol Pacific Rush.

Lemon is either synthetic-smelling or very natural; I'm not sure which - but lemony it is! I do like it.

Drying; there's that nice face feel again. A very good shave. This would go very well with Arko!

A bottle of this wouldn't be bad at all. Closest thing I have to it is 4711 cologne with glycerin. But it doesn't cool any.

AA

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Ok, Metilsol is out. I may have had a reaction to it, definitely a bit of a headache, even dizzy.

Also, it's really drying, to me. It must have enough alum in it, but. Just slapped a bunch of hyaluronic acid on my face for moisture.

I have that "got a great shave" face feel, from the alum-closed pores. But it's too much. Possibly it could be cut with witch hazel or something.

AA

EDIT: Needed Nivea balm to rehydrate! Sorry, Team Metilsol.
Perhaps that is how she ended up with 2 navels? That stuff works on the cellular level?

Top Bottom